Since I focused so much of last week’s review on Aaron and Callie’s moments, from meeting his family to the epic kiss, it’s time to get back to the rest of the Adams-Foster clan. Brandon and Mariana are still struggling to keep Emma’s secret from Jesus, but it’s even harder now that Stef and Lena know. Jesus is still pushing to take his meds because he wants to have sex with Emma. Callie realizes her actions to help Kyle may have been a huge mistake. Also, Mariana invites Ana to her therapy session, but it gets tense real fast.
Let’s dive on in to the top 5 moments from “Who Knows”.
5. Jesus, Take Your Pills! – Jesus is more concerned with not having sex with his girlfriend, so he stops taking his meds. Look, I know that he’s a hormonal teenager, but the dude almost died!! Plus, he’s sixteen years old. What does he need to be having sex right now? But his desires take a step back when he gets woozy, helping Gabe move into the garage. He admits not taking his medication to Gabe, but his biological father tells Lena anyway. Which is what any loyal person would do so, go Gabe!! Jesus however, lashes out at Gabe. Poor Gabe just takes it, which is understandable, because Jesus is going through a lot right now, both physical and mentally. But how long will we have to see this poor kid in pain?
4. Big Brother Brandon – The bright side, thought, is when Brandon tries to put himself aside for once and help his younger brother out. He suggests to “take care” of Emma (if you know what he means), while Jesus suggests using Viagra like an old man. The whole scene is synonymous to “Boys will be boys”, but it’s a sweet moment between two brothers.
3. Jesus Knows! – Even though Mariana, Brandon, and the mamas don’t do the obvious thing and tell Jesus about Emma’s abortion, he finds out anyway — through Mariana’s stupid, private Twitter account! Emma shows Jesus a screenshot of the Twitter account status posting about the possibility of Anchor Beach turning into a private school. Jesus does a little more lurking on the account and lands on the account post about “her BFF not telling her she was pregnant”. Jesus puts two and two together, and realizes it’s his twin sister going off about Emma. Oh, how the tables have turned.
2. Mariana and Ana Go to Therapy – Mariana invites her biological mother to therapy, and things go from tense to intense real quick. When Mariana recalls a memory of her and Jesus being left alone as babies, Ana resents that and storms off. She feels ambushed and out of control, so she leaves the room. It makes sense why Ana would feel like all of the pressure is on her, but at the end of the day, this is about Mariana and her issues. Ana needs to find a way to be supportive and face her own past mistakes.
1. Callie, You in Danger, Girl – The most unfortunate moment was finding out that Kyle, Callie’s former foster brother, hinted to actually killing Martha! It all comes back to this long-ass trial that has been clouding Callie’s life recently. She receives a call from Aaron that he had found male DNA on Martha Johnson’s murder weapon, so Callie won’t tell Stef about this because she knows that Troy is the enemy. Stef also finds out that when Kyle was arrested, the police had found some evidence that he may have been there at the scene of the crime.
The most eye-opening part is when Callie goes to see Kyle, who is covered in gang tattoos, including a teardrop under his eye. For those who don’t know, that means he killed someone. When Callie asks Kyle if he’d killed Martha, he never actually says so, but the look on his face basically looked like he did. And that is such a slap in the face towards Callie, who has tried so damn hard during this whole half of the season, to help him.
Honestly, I don’t think she’ll actually go to jail. It’s like Kyle said, albeit brutally, “You’re a white girl with a rich daddy. You’re gonna grow up, go to college, get married, have kids. You’ll have a full life. And I’m dead here.” But still, Fosters would be contrived to send the main character of the show to jail forever. Because that would be boring. But hopefully, our girl finds something positive about this whole experience, especially with the season finale next week.
What were some of your favorite moments from “Who Knows”? Leave comments below. Also, check out the promo video for next week’s season finale, “Until Tomorrow”:
Callie has 24 hours to decide if she should take a three-year plea deal in the spring finale episode of “The Fosters,” airing Tuesday, April 11th, on Freeform. Callie faces a life-changing decision to take a plea deal and go to jail for three years, or go to trial and risk an even longer sentence. Even though Callie struggles with her own situation, she tries to help Diamond out of hers which becomes extremely dangerous. With only 24 hours to make a difference in Callie’s case, Stef and Mike ramp up their investigation into the Martha Johnson murder bringing in as many leads as possible. Lena confronts Drew about his campaign to make a major change at Anchor Beach Community Charter School, while Mariana rallies her fellow students to protest. Meanwhile, Jesus starts to put together the pieces about Emma.
Gifs by: thefostersseries
Freeform’s The Fosters airs Tuesdays at 8/7c.