I have been extremely excited about Star Trek: Picard from the initial announcement to the teaser trailer, but now we have a full-length trailer to increase our hype level. Take a look before I share more news and my joy!
There is so much to unpack in this trailer so I’d like to share the moments that got me the most excited!
- “Engage.” When Picard utters that word at the end of the trailer, I get chills every time I watch (and I have watched a lot of times)!
- Seven of Nine. So, I’ll admit that I never really watched Voyager, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know this character who has been played by Jeri Ryan. I have mad love for Seven of Nine and the little bit of her show I watched was because she was on it. I am so excited to see the writers bringing in different Star Trek characters from the various series.
- Data. It took me years to bond with The Next Generation characters because I was so in love with those from The Original Series but Data (Brent Spiner) was so special. He gave the show humor and heart that could only be provided by him and I sobbed when he died in Nemesis. I can’t wait to see Data back in the fold and working with Picard!
- The mystery girl. I don’t know who she is or what she has to do with anything but I am really into finding out. I assume she’s tied into the Borg somehow but that is mere speculation.
- Picard putting on the Starfleet ensign. What could a Star Trek fan love more than seeing one of their beloved Captains putting back on the uniform to get back in the chair? There is not much, I can attest to that.
Patrick Stewart revealed some other thrilling news at SDCC like the return of Jonathan Frakes as Riker. We knew he would be in the director’s chair but it has been revealed that he’s coming back to the role. Also returning is Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi which makes sense as she was married to Riker on the show.
Are you excited about Star Trek: Picard? Or maybe I should say more excited because, if you’re like me, you were already stoked for the new series! What are your biggest hopes for the new show?
Star Trek: Picard will fly onto our screens in 2020!