With San Diego Comic-Con 2016 just six weeks away, news about what films and television shows will have a presence is beginning to trickle out.
One of the most hyped-about films that will have a significant presence at Comic-Con is Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad, which includes both inside the convention and outside the convention.
Suicide Squad will have a massive Hall H presentation with the film’s cast and producers, as well as the cast interacting with fans and signing movie posters at DC’s booth.
But you can also catch Suicide Squad offsite, including a cast appearance at Conan‘s special SDCC show on Saturday, July 23. You can also stop by Hard Rock Hotel, which will be transformed into the infamous Belle Reve penitentiary, where fans can Take part in a live-action virtual reality experience, get a skull tattoo from Harley Quinn’s tattoo parlor, and take part in photo ops at the Belle Reve jail cells.
Here is an overview with what to expect from Suicide Squad at Comic-Con 2016 (via SDCC Blog):
- Fans are invited to enter DC All Access’s (DCAA) “Suicide Squad” online Cosplay Contest starting Thursday, June 9, with their best Squad-inspired look as Deadshot, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Colonel Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Diablo, Killer Croc, Enchantress, Slipknot or Katana.
- Eleven winners, selected by visitors to the site, will then receive an all-expenses-paid trip for four days and three nights to San Diego and passes to the Con, where they will take part in a range of Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad” activities throughout the weekend.
- Details are now on www.dccomics.com/squadup, Twitter and Instagram.
BUST INTO BELLE REVE!
- Every day of the Con, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., have an immersive “Suicide Squad” experience when we transform 6000 square feet of San Diego’s Hard Rock Hotel into the infamous Belle Reve penitentiary—the very place where the “worst of the worst” were incarcerated before forming the Suicide Squad.
- Take part in a live-action virtual reality experience, fighting alongside Squad members in a scene from the film.
- Get your own “Suicide Squad” skull “ink” at Harley Quinn’s tattoo parlor.
- Take photo ops in a re-creation of one of Belle Reve’s jail cells.
GET UP CLOSE WITH THE “SUICIDE SQUAD”
- Catch “Suicide Squad” talent as part of the big Warner Bros. Pictures’ exclusive presentation in Hall H, additional details of which are forthcoming, and connect with them directly at the DC booth, where stars of the film will meet fans and sign movie posters.
- The cast will also make a special ensemble appearance on Saturday, July 23, to tape “CONAN,” which will air that evening at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS.
Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5.