It feels good to write about things you love. It’s good for your writing. It’s good for your soul. And it’s something that I’ve found myself missing lately. When shows that I used to love have lost their way and become unrecognizable, it’s nice to have shows that remind me why it’s so easy to love television.
I forgot how good it feels to write about television that I absolutely love. Where there are compelling stories and complex characters whose stories are told so beautifully within the story. So I’m super pumped as we head into the third season of Freeform’s incredibly smart hit The Bold Type, which will lead our leading ladies Kat, Jane, and Sutton into new chapters in their lives.
When it comes to bold, inspiring, feminist dramas, The Bold Type is one of the best out there. A group of women each unique in their personalities, identity and approaches who support each other through all of the ups and downs life throws at them. Add to that the issues this show addresses, everything from gender equality to sexuality to sexual assault to guns to fertility. The Bold Type, if one thing, is incredibly smart. And it knows how to tell compelling stories that don’t force their characters to be anything other than who they are.
In The Bold Type’s season 3 premiere, we pick back up in New York City after the heartbreak of the season 2 finale in Paris — and everyone is dealing with the aftermath of some major decisions. But it’s not just Jane, Kat, and Sutton that are undergoing some changes. Scarlet Magazine is also changing, starting with a new Head of Digital who is sure to cause some controversy.
Some pretty big questions are answered in the premiere: Who did Jane choose, Ryan or Ben? Where do we find newly re-coupled Sutton and Richard? What happened with Kat and Adena? Who is going to be the new Head of Digital? What do all of these questions mean for our Scarlet ladies moving forward?
While you wait for the premiere, here are some things you can expect when The Bold Type returns for its season 3 premiere:
- As for who did Jane choose: Ryan or Ben? That question is answered pretty early on in the premiere.
- Sutton and Richard take a big step in their relationship.
- Who’s up for a sexy times montage?
- There’s some serious Instagram stalking going on in the premiere. But, hey, who hasn’t been there?
- Scarlet’s new Head of Digital is…controversial.
- One of our Bold Type ladies makes quite the impression on the new Head of Digital.
- Sutton and Richard are officially out! And one of them is getting shamed…and it might not be the one you think.
- Things to never do at an HR meeting…I’m pretty sure this revelation is near the top.
- Heartbreak doesn’t have an expiration.
- Two people kiss who definitely should not be kissing each other.
- Males sticking it to misogynistic men gives me life.
- Who hasn’t walked around their place naked?
The Bold Type season 3 premieres Tuesday, April 9 at 8/7c on Freeform.
What's Your Reaction?
Teacher by day, writer by every other free moment | Obsessed with sports, TV, books, movies, and superheroes | Proud shipper and supporter of strong female characters | Co-executive Editor for Fangirlish | Contributor for Bears Wire at USA Today SMG | Producer/Co-Host of Buffone 55 for Bears Barroom Radio Network | Contact: email@example.com.