This season of The Resident just keeps pushing on at full force, and it looks like the January 28th episode will be no different.
Here is the synopsis from Fox:
When a nasty flu season turns out to be masking a terribly infectious disease, Chastain must race to quarantine and diagnose infected patients. While Conrad, Nic and Alec work tirelessly on Meg (guest star Dot-Marie Jones), who was Nic’s favorite guard from her stint in prison, Devon and the others treat Sam (guest star Michael Rady), a love-sick patient with flu-like symptoms. Mina finds herself testing Quovadis medical devices in an effort to defend Dr. AJ Austin, who, feeling responsible for the death of a patient, is serving penance by staying away from the OR. Meanwhile, Conrad is prepared to take the next step with Nic, but finds that she may not be as ready.
First off, this episode is titled “Fear Finds A Way”, and with it being about a virus outbreak that title could easily have many different meanings.
Let’s talk about that press release, shall we?
- Flu season at Chastain. Fitting – seeing as we are right in the middle of it.
- Conrad, Nic, and Alec help Nic’s favorite guard from her prison stint. Should be interesting.
- Devon and crew seem to be in the heart of the flu epidemic, or is it something else? Is it a more nasty virus that is highly contagious?
- Mina is put at the heart of the Quovadis fight to defend AJ, who won’t step into an OR after he feels he caused Bradley’s death.
- Conic! Conrad wants to go to the next step, but Nic may not be as ready. What step? Living together? Marriage? One can only guess. Is it brought on by jealousy?
Here’s the promo:
Oh, no! Nic gets exposed to the virus trying to help Meg. IT LOOKS LIKE THIS EPISODE WILL BE FULL OF FEELS! Get the tissues ready. The pictures and promo seem to confirm this theory.
The Resident airs Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.
Do you have an opinion on this? Let us know below!