The February 11th episode of The Resident is celebrating Valentine’s Day early with an episode titled “Stupid Things in the Name of Sex.” Automatically, it makes me wonder if that is the writer’s way of saying what they REALLY think of Valentine’s Day? I can only guess!
Here is the synopsis from Fox:
When Conrad’s attempt to surprise Nic with a lavish Valentine’s Day dinner is foiled, he gives the reservation away to someone who could really use it. Mina and Devon distract themselves from all Valentine’s celebrations by trying to figure out how their seemingly healthy neighbor has suddenly passed away. Meanwhile, Kitt gives dating advice to a sex-injured patient, Irving hits a crossroads in his not-so-secret relationship with Nurse Jessica, and Bell decides to celebrate the day in the OR.
Here are my thoughts:
- Conrad tries to go all out for Nic for Valentine’s Day and it gets foiled. By what, I ask?
- For the Conic shippers, it gives a lot of hope for some Valentine’s Day themed squeals. Who doesn’t love seeing their favorite fictional couples celebrate the holiday of love?
- Two, Miles Gaston Villanueva’s character, Alec, is NOT in this episode, per the press release. So, it’s a sigh of relief that whatever foils Conrad’s plan is NOT Alec.
- He gives the reservation to someone deserving. Conrad is that guy. How sweet.
- THE CONIC FEELS ARE REAL!
- Mina and Devon work to escape from the Valentine’s festivities with figuring out why their neighbor died. What a way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Considering what Devon discovers in “Virtually Impossible”, I don’t blame him.
- Mina doesn’t believe in romantic love, but has a boyfriend, Micah, who is played by Patrick Walker. He is actually in this episode. So, we will see if Micah can get Mina to go on a Valentine’s Day date. The photos suggest he did.
- Kitt is giving advice to a patient with a sex injury. Sounds interesting.
- Irving and Jessica are at a crossroads in their relationship. Also, everyone seems know about it. That should provide some comic relief. I love Irving!
- Bell, what are you doing in the OR?!? I know he’s the Chief of Surgery and CEO, but he’s also HODAD for a reason.
Here’s the promo:
THE FEELS I HAVE OFF THE PROMO ALONE MAKE ME SQUEAL. THIS EPISODE LOOKS FULL OF RELATIONSHIP FEELS. FEELS OF THE RIGHT KIND.
CONIC. THAT KISS. THE FEELS ARE REAL.
MINA AND MICAH. DID HE JUST PROPOSE? WHAT? I WONDER WHERE THIS WILL GO?
IRVING AND JESSICA. I LIKED THAT KISS TOO.
BELL AND KITT? WTF!?!
I did notice that there was no Devon in the promo for next week. Wonder how he will keep himself occupied. Will he spend Valentine’s Day with Julian’s cat?
Valentine’s Day. Is it a holiday to see how far people will go for sex, manufactured by the card companies, or is it a holiday of love? Well, the episode title suggests what the writers think. I’m a sucker for a good Valentine’s Day episode, though. This one looks like it will be on my list of favorites, just based off the promo.
Here are the photos for you to enjoy:
The Resident airs on Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.