The February 18th episode of The Resident will be introducing us to Mina’s mother. It is entitled “Queens”. I’m very intrigued!
Here is the synopsis from Fox:
Bell’s confidence in Quovadis continues to waver when the poster child for one of its medical devices, Henry Barnett (guest star Evan Whitten), is rushed back into the ER, experiencing seizure-like symptoms. Meanwhile, Mina’s past comes to light when her mother, famous Nigerian surgeon Dr. Okeke (guest star Lynn Whitfield), pays a visit to Chastain, and Conrad makes a risky move when Henry returns to the hospital.
HERE’S WHAT I TAKE FROM THAT:
- Bell is still questioning if Quovadis is legit. (Hint: it’s not!) Also, HOW? Really, Bell?
- Sadly, what makes him to continue his questioning is Henry ending up in the ER with symptoms of having seizures. (I’m blaming a malfunctioning VNS device.)
- This means Daniella Alonso and Evan Whitten are in this episode.
- Henry returning to hospital causes Conrad to make a risky move with Henry’s care.
- If it’s removing the VNS device. I’m all in. I hated they put this thing in him. However, I also predicted it didn’t work.
- Zoey will not survive losing Henry, after having lost her other son, Jasper. Please let Henry survive!
- MINA’S MOM IS INTRODUCED.
- We know from “Heart in a Box” that Mina’s mom is a respected Nigerian surgeon.
- What comes to light, I wonder?
HERE’S THE PROMO:
The promo talks about Henry’s storyline. It has Gordon Page claiming his VNS device is the cure of all cures. I really hate to break it to him, while it is a feat that is hoped for, Epilepsy is incurable. If it was curable, I’d be first in line waiting. I really am talking from personal experience here.
Henry’s storyline hits me in the feels. I was him at one point in my life. The eight year old kid with uncontrollable seizures. The technology didn’t exist when I was eight, but I doubt my dad would’ve gone with a VNS device. I’ve been against this part of the story from the beginning.
We all know this thing doesn’t work, and now Henry and his mom are paying the price. Like I said above, can Zoey lose both her sons? Will Henry make it out of this alive?
HERE ARE THE PHOTOS:
As you can see Mina will be there to greet her mom when she arrives at Chastain, along with AJ and Bell. It also looks like Mina will work on a case with her mom. I’m very interested in how this plot plays out. Then, there’s Henry and Zoey’s plot, which you saw was the focus of the promo. Also, what are Devon and Irving up to?
This episode looks so good! I’m really interesting how all this will play out!
The Resident airs Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.