The April 1st episode of The Resident is titled “Snowed In” and its title pretty much reveals what it’s all about – a major snow storm reeking havoc all over Atlanta. By the way, as a native southerner, I can say that the word snow puts the fear in people. We just aren’t used to it, and a city like Atlanta can shutdown because of it. I’m interested to see how they portray that aspect.
Here is the official synopsis:
When Atlanta is struck by a severe snowstorm, Mina must perform a big surgery – without the help of The Raptor – to save the life of a young father, while Kitt and Bell get stuck babysitting the man’s children. Nic and Conrad experience a disagreement with a patient’s treatment, causing further strain in their relationship. Meanwhile, Devon teaches an important lesson about life and death to a first-year med student.
Here is what I take from this:
- SNOW! Oh, no.
- Any snow in the south is a bad thing, and a major snow storm is bound to cause havoc. I’m interested on seeing if they can portray how the south handles these events accurately.
- Due to the storm, Mina has to perform surgery on a young father without AJ.
- I know she can do it. Mina’s fully capable, and AJ knows it. I’m ready for an episode showing what Mina is fully capable of.
- Kitt and Bell babysitting? This should be some comic relief, if nothing else.
- I honestly doubt this will be an easy experience for Bell.
- However, he and Kitt working together is something I’m here for.
- Conrad and Nic have another argument, this time about a patient, that causes more issues in their relationship.
- Please let this be resolved by the end of the episode.
- I love Conic, and I do get that they need conflict, but I’m ready for better times between them.
- STOP PUTTING MY SHIP THROUGH THE RINGER, PLEASE.
- Devon provides a lesson in life and death to a med student.
- Wonder what prompts this?
Here is the promo:
Here are my thoughts:
- I’m glad Conrad and Nic are FINALLY talking.
- Of course, the snow storm is causing issues! It’s Atlanta. This city rarely sees storms like this.
- Where is AJ?
- Oh, no! The guy might die. Save him, Mina. Help her, Bell!
Here are the photos:
Here are my thoughts:
- What’s going on in the ER? What are Kitt and Irving up to?
- Kitt and Bell with those kids. Again, should be entertaining, if nothing else.
- Conrad and Nic with their patient. I’m wondering how, or if, they resolve their issues this episode. I’m still needing them resolve their issues from their last fight.
- If Mina has to do surgery without AJ, then is this picture after the surgery? What is going on?
- Kitt and Bell working together is an aspect I love. I love that pic of the two of them.
The Resident airs Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.