After last week’s slam dunk of pain, unity, and carnage The Walking Dead is slowing down for a little bit in “The Next World” (Just a teeny bit.) A time jump skips past all the nitty gritty of fixing up Alexandria and dives into keeping their home supplied and running. Let’s talk about it![lead]Official Synopsis: A seemingly simple scavenging run proves to be very tricky when our group isn’t the only one vying for an unexpected supply goldmine.[/lead]
What We Know:
- Weeks have passed since last week’s episode, “No Way Out.”
- We will not be seeing the cleanup of Alexandria, Carl’s immediate healing process, or all those reunions we wanted. (Yes, no Glenn/Maggie reunion scenes of love.)
- Rick’s focus will be on how they survive from here on out now that they are one in Alexandria.
- Rick and Daryl reunite the dynamic duo that we love. Includes a lot of running, sweating, and picking apart a gas station.
- We’ll finally be introduced to Jesus aka Paul Monroe (played by Tom Payne.) This straight from the comic book character serves in a nearby community known as Hilltop. There he recruits people and scavenges to survive. Guess who he’s going to rob? Yup Rick and Daryl.
- What’s this unexpected supply goldmine? Twenty bucks says the goldmine is a vending machine of goodies.
- How long until Jesus becomes an ally of Alexandria? Also will Rick and Daryl be treated to his hand-to-hand combat?
- Where are Negan’s men and what are they up to since the explosion via Daryl’s quick thinking?
- How’s Carol?
- Did Daryl put a hurting on Morgan?
- How long will this peace last?!
The Walking Dead airs Sundays @ 9/8c on AMC.