Its that time of year again! The time where the Wattpad celebrates its biggest and best stories of the year and recognizes the talent that comprises the worlds brightest online writing community.
Every year, the Wattys receives thousands of entries for the coveted awards. Spanning multiple categories, the judges look to tap in to the biggest stories, the new gems, and those that the HQ staff are all grabby hands and flaily arms over.
And now, its time for the Wattys 2017
Wattpad is just as excited as its authors!
The Watty Awards are Wattpad’s annual global celebration of storytelling. Since launching in 2010, we’ve discovered and recognized thousands of storytellers from around the world. Want to put your best story forward?
The 2017 edition opens Thursday, June 15.
Entering is surprisingly easy. Simply tag your story with #Wattys2017
But there are rules! Here are just a few of them:
- You can enter as many stories as you like, but there is a limit of one Watty per story!
- There is a minimum of 5 chapters as of September 1, 2016, OR your story is COMPLETE with all chapters published after September 1, 2016.
- Stories can be any genre!
- Stories must be your own intellectual property! No stealing!
- Your story must be fully available on Wattpad (no excerpts allowed)
- And of course, they must be tagged #Wattys2017 to enter!
There are frequently asked questions available for you to check out HERE
Winners are announced in the fall of 2017. No exact date is posted, as it usually takes the HQ and Ambassador crews quite a while to read and rate all entries. But you can chat about the event on Wattad and Twitter to keep up to date with all the excitement.
So, for those of you who love writing on Wattpad, and want to try your hand at a little online writing award season, make sure to tag your story and FOLLOW ALL THE RULES as of June 15!
Good luck to all entrants!