I can’t be the only one who knows this struggle… The struggle of coming home to a DVR that only has about 2% left to record your television shows. Cue the mini-panic attack. How will I be able to catch next week’s episode of This Is Us?! Look TV, it’s not my fault I have a busy life!
It always just so happens when the Fall TV lineup and season premieres are scheduled, I get interested in so many television shows which causes me to go on a recording craze. I never realize just how many shows/episodes I’m setting myself up for. Next thing I know, week after week, the episodes are piling up one by one and I’m weeks behind in the season.
So, what’s the solution of getting that 2% memory back up to at least 50%? Here are some tricks I’ve learned along the way:
- Avoid any talk of upcoming episodes to make sure you don’t hear any spoilers among friends or co-workers you know watch the same shows as you
- Watch any 30 minute episodes first then work your way up to the hour long episodes – Look, it’s much easier when you could knock out the shorter shows first to clear up space. You’ll thank me later!
- You need a Personal Binge Day (PBD) – No, you read that right. It’s not a personal health day. You really need to dedicate yourself to sit in front of the screen and clear up that feed! Nothing is better than a lazy day, am I right?
- Re-evaluate your shows – Are you really going to commit to a show you saw two episodes of but weren’t amazed by it? No. Then why keep it?
- See if you could find a television series streaming on their website – Just watch it on the go rather than taking up space at home!
- Double check to see if your DVR didn’t record an episode you already watched – Nothing is worse than realizing you were so close to watch a repeated episode. On to the next!
Just remember these tips the next time you find yourself in this situation. What are some of your suggestions on what to do when your DVR is almost at max capacity? Let us know!