The first evening of the Creative Arts Emmys took place on Saturday, September 10th and Game of Thrones walked away with nine awards making it the most awarded drama series in Emmy history.
The show now has a total of 35 awards from the Emmys beating former dramas The West Wing and Hill Street Blues who come in second with 26 Emmys. However long-running comedy skit show, Saturday Night Live still holds the record of most awards overall with 48 (another one was added last night with a Best Guest Actress award for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler), followed by Frasier’s 37 wins.
Game of Thrones won the following awards:
- Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
- Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary or Fantasy Program: “Blood of My Blood”, “The Broken Man”, “No One”
- Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series or Movie: “The Winds of Winter”
- Outstanding Picture Editing for a Drama Series: “Battle of the Bastards”
- Outstanding Makeup for a Single Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): “Battle of the Bastards”
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special: “The Door”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series: “Battle of the Bastards”
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects: “Battle of the Bastards”
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series or Movie
The show is nominated for another 23 awards at the live show which will take place September 18th so Frasier and Saturday Night Live better watch out…winter is coming.