Aladdin and Jasmine are finally here, and as someone who watched and re-watched this movie more than any other Disney movie as a kid, and someone who still knows probably every word to every song in that soundtrack, I have to say …I’m excited. Concerned. Vaguely nauseous.
Isn’t that just what happens when you really love something? But hey – after the last two episodes, the least I can do is give Once Upon A Time the benefit of the doubt. So, here’s to hoping it goes well. And, if not …well …at least there’s plenty of Halloween chocolate to be had.
Here’s the official information we have about the episode, titled: “Street Rats.”
Once Upon A Time (6×05) – “Street Rats“
Sunday, October 23rd. 8/7c. ABC
- Aladdin. Seriously, how hard can it be to find him? Did anyone look in the cell right next to where Regina used to keep Belle? Storybrooke isn’t that big!
- Hook. Has he moved in? Is he wearing different clothes? Will I get confirmation on whether he just bought 83 of the same thing?
- The school. Snow shows up one day, next day she has important stuff to do. And her TA is missing as well? I worry about the level of education Storybrooke children are getting.
In a flashback to Agrabah, Princess Jasmine recruits Aladdin to help her recover a secret weapon capable of breaking Jafar’s hold on the Sultan and saving the city from ruin. Their quest takes them to the Cave of Wonders where Aladdin’s fate is revealed. In Storybrooke, the Evil Queen tricks Hook and the Charmings and forces Emma to reveal her secret in an effort to divide the family. While the Evil Queen pampers Zelena, elsewhere in town, Regina and our heroes scramble to learn what became of Aladdin.
THINGS THAT ABSOLUTELY WILL HAPPEN
- Emma’s hand will tremble.
- Henry/Hook will say a variation of “I believe in you” or “You can do this” to Emma.
- Alternatively, Henry or Snow will say it to Regina.
- Charming will stand, both hands on his hips, and try to stare someone down. It won’t work, because he’s just too pretty to be truly menacing.
- Jasmine and Aladdin will fall in love. It will all go to hell. It’s a rule of the flashbacks that things have to go to hell.
- Zelena will say the word sister at least 5 times.
Enjoy “Street Rats,” Oncers, and join us later as we live-tweet the episode on @Fangirlishness
Once Upon a Time airs on Sundays at 8/7C on ABC.