We’ve never been so glad to see a year end. We know that 2017 starts the day after 2016 ends, but we also know that saying it’s 2017 gives hope.
This has been a really long year. One full of ups and downs. It’s been hard professionally and personally. It’s been one thing after another that we could bitch about. But we’re taking the opprotunity to learn from it. And boy have we learned a lot this year.
- We will never make everyone happy.
- We don’t ask everyone to agree with us, but we will continue to say what we think.
- Some don’t understand that when we say we – we are speaking for this site – not for you.
- Fandom can be cruel, but don’t let anyone take away your happy.
- People will go down for their ships.
- People won’t always read what you wrote, but they will twist the hell out of a headline.
- There will always be internet trolls.
- We don’t want to run from our honesty, we want to embrace it.
- We have strong opinions, but so do other people.
- Find your tribe and love it hard.
- Believe in yourself and you will find your way.
- Don’t block, mute.
- Celebrities read what we write.
When my best friend and I started this website – we took it for what it was – a fan site. It’s grown beyond that but at the time – we wanted to continue our love of many things. Things have changed a lot since then. 5 years later I never would have thought that we would have accomplished the things that we have, both professionally and personally. She doesn’t work on the site anymore, but there are some amazing people that do – who I couldn’t live without.
I never would have thought that there would be a staff of amazing people who dedicate themselves to being just as passionate about fandom. We all have different fandoms that we love and some fandoms that bind us together.
We have the most amazing readers. Quite frankly some of them have started to feel like family.
See, as much as 2016 sucked we can’t be mad at it. Because it made us strive to be better. To do better. To be honest. I tell everyone who writes for this site – write from your heart and I will defend you, stand by you – always. And I mean that.
You don’t always have to agree with us. We probably won’t always agree with you. But we will be there for you.
Here’s what we can promise in 2017.
- We will continue to tell things like we see them.
- We will continue to write what we think. We’ll still respect that you may not agree.
- We will continue to listen.
- We will not block rude people, but we will mute you. That way you can still read what we are saying. (ya, that’s not so subtly directed at the trolls).
We will write a lot about Sweet Vicious, the end of Teen Wolf, Arrow, Outlander, Ships, Riverdale, Shadowhunters, all the Chicago shows, still fawn over Timeless, and so much more. We will write a lot more about movies – because movies have always been our first love.
We’re so excited for another year and the amazing things that we have in store. You can always tweet us. You can always email us. We’re always listening.
And if you have any questions, comments, complaints – you can always email the owner – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re not hiding from anything. We’re here to take 2017 head on.
Happy New Year!