Who says a good promotional team isn’t an integral aspect to a sports franchise? Look no further than the Cleveland Browns social team, who continue to put together sensational content.
First, it was The Office opening, which was so perfect that I didn’t think anyone could top it. That is, until the Browns decided to take on my favorite show ever, Friends.
But this is more than a Friends parody. This is a well-thought-out, perfectly-executed skit, which payed homage to the original Friends opening in the best way.
I took it upon myself to locate all of the details — upon multiple rewatches — that went into crafting what is the greatest Browns video to date.
- Somehow these six football players — including two offensive linemen — managed to fit on the iconic Friends couch
- The blink-and-you-miss-it lamp, because your eyes have plenty of other places to go in this video
- The umbrellas — naturally donned in Browns’ orange and brown. Talk about perfect choreography!
- THE FOUNTAIN, made of cool-down tubs!
- Every Brown plays a specific “Friend“
- Jarvis Landry is Rachel (notice that little toss into the fountain as he looks away from the camera)
- Odell Beckham Jr…I think he’s supposed to be Monica, but I’m not really sure with those moves
- Joel Bitonio with the little Chandler dance, which for a big guy is finely executed
- Damarious Randall gets the Joey treatment, as he lounges in the “fountain” with sunglasses and a green juice. Perfection.
- Denzel Ward also gets the Chandler treatment as he spits out water
- JC Tretter falls into the “fountain” ala Ross
- The iconic turning off of the lamp to the perfectly timed soundtrack by the Rembrandts
- Yes, I’m aware how specifically I still remember those Friends openings to have broken this down like this
BRB, I’m going to watch this a billion more times and wait for more iconic television opens from the Cleveland. Freaking. Browns.