Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×01 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Return” is exactly the kind of premiere I was hoping the show would give me, and yet, also, at the same time, a complete surprise. This is the magic of this show; it manages to be both comforting and safe, while still delivering the kind of emotional beats you didn’t think they could pull off.
It’s like wrapping yourself in a blanket and discovering it’s weighed, and heated! You just never want to leave.
Season 2 premieres next week, and though fans have a lot of questions we can’t answer yet – and you don’t want us to, trust us, you want to experience this one yourselves – there are some things we can tease about the premiere. So let’s get to it!
Here are some teases about Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×01 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Return”:
- The grief of actually losing someone is very different from the grief of preparing to lose someone, and the Clarke family will all be dealing with that difference.
- And yes, they will do so while singing. Because this show is what it is.
- We all need a Mo in our lives.
- Our favorite musical number of the episode has absolutely nothing to do with ships, and we have a feeling that one will get a ton of replays on YouTube. Maybe not as many as “American Pie,” but it does feel like a follow up, in some ways. And the choreography? More awards for Mandy Moore, please.
- We like George. You will like George.
- Some characters have not changed one bit, but others …dare we say there’s growth? We’re still in wait and see mode, but season 2 bodes well in this regard.
- The friendship between Zoey and Joan is always a highlight. We all need a Mo, yes, but if we’re lucky, we also get a Joan, and that’s amazing.
- Is “Killer” an actual nickname we’d want someone to refer to us by? We’re thinking no. Men and their nicknames. SMH.
- Max with a beard is the superior Max. We said what we said.
- We don’t know about you, but we wouldn’t survive a duet sung by Max and Simon directed at us. To be fair, Zoey barely does.
- Bring Kleenex. You will likely need them for at least one scene, or two.
- All the good stuff happens in Zoey’s bedroom in this episode.
Are you excited for the return of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist? What do you want to see from 2×01 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Return”? Share with us in the comments below!
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on NBC.