Fire Country 1×13 “You Know Your Dragon Best” is about communication, and about putting people over ego. For Jake, that means coming clean about the fact that he is a match and could possibly be a donor for Sharon, for Bode it means accepting that Jake might just be the best option — for both him and his mom. And for Gabriella and Manny, it means finally finding a middle ground that isn’t a solution, but it is a compromise.
The Jake and Bode parts, in particular, are great to see because, from the beginning, this was a show about healing an old wound. And yes, many people made mistakes and almost everyone reacted wrongly to the original tragedy — Riley’s death. But Fire Country isn’t just about Bode finding his path, it’s about a group of people who were broken by tragedy finding a way forward.
And that means accountability. That means communication.
Ironically, neither of those things are an end goal. Instead, they are a constant struggle, especially when you have never really learned how to do the second one, much less how to be the person who not only does the first but who learns something from it. But throughout 13 episodes, Fire Country has given us a pretty satisfactory target for all of these characters — and a reason to invest in who they are and where they’re going.
Fire Country 1×13 “You Know Your Dragon Best” also pretty much confirms Colin as the antagonist we thought he was gonna be going into the end of the season, even if it does so with a subtle dig and a smile. And not that I like him at all, but I’m kinda glad the drama is coming from the outside at this point. Everyone else seems to be in a good place, so I’ll take outside drama and rejoice in it. Do your worst, Colin. Don’t leave us on a bad cliffhanger, but do your worst. Especially considering a Season 2 has been confirmed. At least we know there’ll be time to fix whatever you try to break.
Things I think I think:
- The whole thing about Bode donating his kidney BUT having to go back to prison if it works feels that level of unfair where you’re like, what really is the incentive for people to do the right thing again?
- If you wanna start a fire, I guess it’s good to do it while firefighters are around.
- Was Bode even feeling it when they banged his body against the roof?
- I really love the relationship between Bode and Manny.
- We all love Sharon and Vince, right?
- I think Vince forgets the smile part 87% of the day.
- Don’t lie, Gabriella. You ain’t too focused to flirt.
- People don’t think is just a general life thing, but this show truly hammers the people don’t think fires start version of that.
- I will take Sharon’s lessons on delegating.
- FINE JAKE, FINE. You want me to like you.
- Only in do TV people silently arrive to listen to the ONE thing they shouldn’t have heard out of context.
- You shouldn’t need Gabriella to push this hard for communication, but at least she got through to you, Bode.
- We know this is TV because everyone always takes a beat to stare at the fire, lol
- I had a bad feeling about new guy from the beginning.
- The chicken was INSPIRED.
- JAKE AND BODE.
Agree? Disagree? What did you think of Fire Country 1×13 “You Know Your Dragon Best”? Share with us in the comments below!