A Discovery of Witches is back! Diana and Matthew are back! And no, not everything is right with the world, but at least we can get lost in the past, lost in this world, and yes, get lost in this love story for the ages. Though with the season starting the way it did, we have a feeling the characters are the ones finding themselves a bit lost. It’s not easy stepping back into your old self, after all. Especially when it’s been centuries.
So let’s talk a little bit about the second episode of season 2 of A Discovery of Witches. Here are some teases:
- Unlike the premiere, this episode doesn’t take place entirely in the past. You’ll still get plenty of Diana and Matthew, no worries.
- What would our fashionista Matthew say? Oh yes, the dresses get even better.
- This episode marks a darker turn for the show, and some of the characters. But rest assured, this is still A Discovery of Witches. The show isn’t losing its essence, just letting the characters we already know and love grow in different directions.
- Protective Matthew is, as always, very attractive.
- Especially because, as Diana made clear in episode 1, she can save herself, if needed be. He’s just there for backup.
- Just because she doesn’t need him to save her doesn’t mean she doesn’t want him there by her side, though. This has always been the balance of the show.
- The reason for Diana’s importance starts becoming clearer. But she isn’t the only one important – and book readers might be surprised by something that is revealed this episode.
- Matthew and Diana aren’t the only characters holding our attention this week, and that’s always a good thing.
- Casual mentions of love don’t make us go week in the knees, nah. We’re good.
- You don’t want to cross Diana. You don’t want to cross Matthew. You especially don’t want to cross both of them at the same time.
- There are some names you will recognize, and no, we’re not just talking about Kit Marlowe.
- Season 2 manages the balance of funny moments, even in between the seriousness, much better than season 1. Probably because the characters are better established.
- The things we do for love.
Are you excited for the second episode of A Discovery of Witches season 2? Share your thougths in the comments below!
A Discovery of Witches will be available to stream on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+ on Saturday.