We’re a bit more settled into the season of A Discovery of Witches, and in episode 3 things start to take shape. It’s true that we were interested in the first two episodes, how could it be otherwise when we already know and love these characters, but episode 3 is truly when the season starts to pick up and feel like it’s getting ready to pay off on our expectations.
Despite a somewhat darker turn for Matthew in episode 2, episode 3 doesn’t go much darker, and instead focuses more on Diana’s powers, Diana’s reason for being – as it should, really, because as much as we love Matthew, Diana is the main character of this show, and the one whose journey we are following.
So let’s talk a little bit about what to expect in episode 3 of A Discovery of Witches season 2:
- Matthew doesn’t lie. He might omit some truths from time to time, but he won’t lie to your face.
- Stuck in the past it’s easy for others – and even for Matthew – to see how much he has changed. But there’s also this feeling that not all of that change was just about the passing of time. A lot of it was …Diana. She has changed him.
- Diana’s thirst for knowledge remains one of the most relatable things about her. She just wants to know everything, and wouldn’t you in her place?
- The book returns to the conversation in this episode, and it feels like it’s about time.
- Matthew + Beard = Fire
- Casual kisses = Fire
- From the beginning we’ve been operating under the question of what makes Diana special. Why is she so powerful? We don’t get an answer yet, but we’re at least getting closer.
- Again, the show is taking a detour from another book storyline here, for the better, I think.
- Kit Marlowe has a lot of feelings. No one’s really surprised.
- Matthew gets three swoon-worthy lines an episode, but in this hour he’s in fine form. There’s one, near the end of the episode, that should be on t-shirts. Please, someone, make me a t-shirt.
- We finally meet Gallowglass in this episode, and I, for one, liked him right away.
Are you excited for episode 3 of A Discovery of Witches season 2? Share with us in the comments below!
A Discovery of Witches season 2, episode 3 will be available this Saturday on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+.