We’re back for a second season of 9-1-1: Lone Star with 2×01 “Back in the Saddle”! As with the original 9-1-1, we’re so glad to have these characters on our screens again. The first season of 9-1-1: Lone Star was a great start, and we’re looking forward to getting to know the 126 better this year.
Near the beginning of “Back in the Saddle”, we meet the new paramedic captain, Tommy Vega. So far we like her. Even though she took a break from being a paramedic, she’s still great.
She kicked ass at the roller rink after the girl fell and not only had blade go through her stomach (ouch!), her arm was completely messed up. Vega popped that arm back into place with only a few seconds of hesitation. If that doesn’t scare her off, then she’s good.
She also has to fight off being attacked by crossbows. Yes, crossbows. While Tommy and Owen try to save a life, they also dodge crossbows. They are having trouble focusing, but the rest of the team steps in to help. Judd and TK blast water at the window of the lady’s house to distract her while Marjan and Paul enter her apartment and tackle her. Nice teamwork.
One of the other rescues in “Back in the Saddle” involved a zoom meeting ,which we’re probably all very familiar with at this point. This meeting starts out being hilarious because Mary goes to the bathroom forgetting she’s still on camera. Her co-workers have to yell at her before she turns the camera off.
But then it turns disastrous as Larry chokes on his sandwich. His colleagues call 9-1-1 for help and we get to see the 126 save his life on camera. It was cool to see 9-1-1: Lone Star take this approach. When people watch this episode in the future, they’ll get a glimpse of what our life was like during the pandemic.
We also learn that Owen’s cancer is gone. That’s great news. And it looks his his ex-wife might be sticking around. That may or may not be a good thing for TK. His parents stress him out, because they fight all the time. Plus, he knows that they’re sleeping together because “the walls here are not that thick.” The rest of the firehouse knows, too, since he told all of them. We love TK, we do.
- How cute are Tommy Vega’s daughters? And they definitely know their mom is the head of their household!
- We knew Michelle wasn’t coming back, but we’re glad they didn’t kill her off. That would have just been too sad after the year we’ve all had.
- We’re going to need more Judd and Grace scenes. We get that this was the first episode, and yes, it was nice that Judd and Grace are friends with Tommy and her husband, but we need scenes with them alone. They’re our favorites.
- “I remember 2013.” “Live concerts.” “Nightclubs.” “Hugs.”
- “Doesn’t your mama look like a boss?” “Mama IS the boss!”
Agree? Disagree? What did you think about 9-1-1: Lone Star 2×01 “Back in the Saddle”? Are you looking forward to the rest of the season? Leave a comment and let us know!
9-1-1: Lone Star airs Mondays 9/8c on FOX.