Episode 4 of A Discovery of Witches season 2 is a weird episode. It’s necessary and interesting and yet so frustrating in its execution that we’re pretty sure it’s going to provoke some very strong feelings in everyone. Probably not favorable ones, at that.
Because the truth is, we watch this show for Matthew and Diana. And when the focus shifts somewhere else, well, we get ansty. No matter how much what’s happening will end up being important not just to Diana and Matthew, but to the entire storyline going forward.
We still just want to watch Diana and Matthew.
But we still have to tease this episode, don’t we? So let’s talk about what’s coming as we near the mid-point of season 2 of A Discovery of Witches:
- This is a surprising episode, not just because of the choice to focus on the future storyline, but also because of what ends up happening. There’s no way to see some of it coming if you haven’t read the books.
- My baby Marcus is no baby, he’s a grown ass man. I would still protect him with my life.
- Em and Sarah remain goals.
- Someone suggests a “rebrand” in this episode, in reference to probably the last thing you’d apply that word to. That person is right.
- Don’t mess with Ysabeau. Like, don’t even try.
- There is romance in this episode, okay? Don’t think there isn’t. In fact, in many ways, this episode mirrors the third episode of season one.
- But this is going to be a divisive hour, for many reasons.
- Like dumbass father, dumbass son.
- Sometimes lack of imagination can be a good thing.
- A few secrets are understandable, but the kinds of secrets you find out in this episode? Yeah, no, those could start wars.
Are you excited for A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 4? Share with us in the comments below!
A new episode A Discovery of Witches will be available to stream on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+ on Saturday.
nice tease which tells you a lot if you know the characters and story and yet it tells you nothing, but hints at a lot of possibilities.