A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 7 isn’t as good an episode as episode 6 was, let’s be clear about that. But let’s also be clear about this: it was unlikely this episode, or any other, could actually top episode 6, so we’re not really holding them to that standard. We’re trying to be fair here. And, if we’re being honest, episode 7 is another good episode in a really strong season 2 of this show.
Sure, some things drag a bit – plot, gah, and some characters we get to see more than we really want to, but ….I guess it can’t be all about Matthew and Diana 24/7. I gueeeeess. Even though none of us would probably complain if it were.
For now, let us go into some teases for the seventh episode of season 2 of A Discovery of Witches:
- This episode takes us back to court intrigue, and that’s not always our favorite thing in shows that actually focus on it, so it’s not our favorite thing here.
- Even if there’s a certain appeal to the hint of possessive/jealous Matthew. Just a hint, though. We want no more than a hint.
- We’re getting to the part of the season where we have to deal head on with what the “blood rage” means for Matthew, and of course, for Diana, who has chosen to tie her life to his.
- The way everyone’s up on everyone’s business on this show is a tad creepy. Like, we get it, vampire senses and all means you know shit, but can we pretend there’s any level of privacy? Just pretend?
- Gallowglass calling Diana “Auntie” is a delight.
- A very familiar phrase makes an appearance in this episode, and it’s not quite how anyone expected to hear it uttered.
- Sometimes you don’t trust others, but sometimes it’s yourself you don’t trust.
- When your life changes in such a profound way as Matthew and Diana’s did last week, that requires some adjustments. It’s never smooth.
- Diana’s still taking no one’s shit. Especially not her husbands.
- Remember the “You are not defined by the worst things you’ve done” line from the trailer. Here’s the context.
- Matthew: Diana No. Diana: Diana yes. Over and over again.
- The episode ends just where you don’t want it to end.
Are you excited for A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 7? Share with us in the comments below!