Senorita – or Señorita, if you want to practice your Spanish – 89 is an amazing show in the best sense of the word. At first, you expect to see intrigue and vanity in these young ladies willing to fight for a crown but you discover that they’re much more than that and that they aren’t fighting for a crown, they’re fighting to save themselves. Ready to find out more? Don’t miss our advance review!
But first… how about we add some background? The trailer for the show teases what is to come, although it doesn’t give us all the answers. This show features deep and very serious stories, stories that will make your hair stand on end.
Everything is brilliant. La Encantada and the Señoritas who live in it. Until you realize that beneath the glitter, there is darkness as deep as a wolf’s mouth… darkness ready to ensnare them all.
Things I Think
- In Señorita 89 we will see that a smile can hide a lot of pain.
- Whenever we think of hell, we imagine fire and brimstone but Señorita 89 shows us that it’s covered in sparkle, glitter, and glamour.
- It’s brave to protect yourself but it’s even braver to protect someone who needs it more than you.
- Why do men believe they have the right to take everything from a woman? Especially when they have power.
- What they don’t realize is that women are infinitely stronger than them.
- And together, we’re unstoppable.
- All pigs have their time…although the biggest fish take a while to fall.
- Señoritas need help and no one seems willing to help them without wanting to look for something in return…
- Until they find each other.
- There’s strength in unity.
- The search for the truth is almost always dangerous…VERY dangerous. And painful.
- You would think that the reason why the Señoritas are in La Encantada is a crown but you will discover that perhaps it isn’t.
- THE LOOKS.
- Some things cannot be hidden…even if we try desperately.
Senorita 89 will premiere with two episodes on February 27 on Pantaya.