So what if I sat down and played the latest The Walking Dead trailer titled “Secrets” (AVAILABLE HERE) over and over again. I was trying to uncover secrets/moments missed by all that fancy editing. I have succeeded and bring you the spoils from The Walking Dead’s “Secrets.”
1. The staff and the feathers in Ezekiel’s hair. No one said that you couldn’t be fashionable at the end of the world. Ezekiel is prepped to welcome new visitors to the Kingdom, aka Carol and Morgan, with Shiva at his side, feathers in his beautiful hair, and a fancy staff/walking stick. Now that’s an entrance!
2. Car crusher wall in the zombie apocalypse? There’s no need to be jealous of Alexandria when you’ve got walls like this guarding you in The Kingdom. They’ve got shipping containers, walls made from crushed cars, and busses to deter battering rams hitting those flimsy doors. They’ve thought things through!
3. School, gardening, and Horse Care 101. These people aren’t just looking to survive, they’re looking to thrive. They have classes in the gazebo, all the fresh open air a girl needs for rigorous gardening, and an area big enough to care and keep horses. This place sounds better by the second!
4. We’ve got an archer at The Kingdom! Legolas, Green Arrow, Katniss. (And I guess Daryl too, even though he uses a crossbow.) All archers, all stiff competition to live up too. I don’t know who this girl is but I want her to become the silent hero who kills walkers without attracting attention like Morgan is doing with his gun.
*Yes, technically she has a gun too but a girl can dream, right?
5. Who is hanging in the background?! As much as I’d like to stare into Jesus’ eyes as he kills me, I can’t help but focusing on the back. Here’s Jesus kicking ass and taking names and those two people back there are just relaxing as two people/walkers flail about. Silent prayer that it’s none of the people we care about The Walking Dead gods. Amen.
The Walking Dead premieres October 23rd @ 9/8c on AMC.