Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s 11th episode of season 7, “A Brand New Day,” puts all the pieces in place for the series finale while still leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. in a lot of destruction. Literally, S.H.I.E.L.D. is destroyed thanks to that slimy Nathaniel Malick calling in some Chronicoms to destroy all the S.H.I.E.L.D. bases.
Honestly, it wouldn’t be a cliffhanger for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. if the team wasn’t in dire straits without a hope in hell of saving the day. Let’s count the ways that the team is in deep trouble by the end of “A Brand New Day.”
- Kora escapes from the team’s clutches after May’s attemps to get through to her fail.
- Jemma’s memories of Fitz seem to be gone after Malick tries to draw out Fitz’s location from her.
- Mack, Sousa and Daisy are staring down after a half-dozen giant Chronicoms ships.
- Oh and once again, they destroyed all of S.H.I.E.L.D!!!
A sign of a great show is how much you care about what happens to the characters on there. Whether it’s for Daisy to defy the odds to save her family and be happy. FitzSimmons, Mack/Yo-Yo and Philinda to get their happily ever afters. For Deke to continue to be his annoying self. We root for them to defy the odds and save the day.
Now will we get everything mentioned above by the time Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ends? We won’t get the answer to that question till next week’s series finale. But what I do know is that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will leave you in a pool of your emotions by the end of it like they have for the past seven seasons.
Now let’s discuss the positives and negatives of “A Brand New Day!”
- We got to see Fitz again!! Sure it was just in memories of Jemma’s that lasted about 2 minutes tops but it was still nice to see him. It sounded like Fitz was able to convince Jemma to take a little time to build a life while they were trying to figure out time travel. Does this mean they had time to have a family?
- MY FITZSIMMONS HEART. Please let Jemma remember who Fitz is and the love they have for one another. That’s all I’m asking for.
- Seeing Enoch again in those flashback brought a tear or two to my eyes.
- “I have a sister to save. Her name is Jemma Simmons” Daisy and Jemma’s friendship is one of the things about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D I’m going to miss the most.
- Another thing I’m going to miss: May and Coulson’s chemistry. They’re the most married couple to have never been married.
- Mack giving Sousa “the big brother speech” about his intentions with Daisy. Everything about it was perfect from Mack’s not so subtle threat that Sousa hadn’t best hurt Daisy to Sousa saying he’d never hurt Daisy.
- Sousa teasing Daisy about her “Quake” nickname. The boy has that love bug bad.
- Seriously though, that’s it? The Series Finale better have a lot more Fitz or we’re going to be very disappointed.
- Don’t think there’s been a more loathsome character since Kasius. Now there’s two of them : Kora and Nathaniel Malick.
- Never ever want to see Kora and Malick make out ever again.
What did you think of “A Brand New Day?” Let us know in the comments below.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s series finale airs Wednesday, Aug. 12 at 9/8c on ABC.