This is it. A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 6 is the episode Bishmont fans have been waiting for… well, since the show first got started, if we’re being honest. The culmination, if you will, to the story of a couple that we saw meet, fall in love and get started on the journey of life together. Which doesn’t take away from the fact that this story is, of course, not over. Not by a longshot.
Episode 6 of season 2 is also one of the best episodes the show has given us, ever, and one of the best episodes of TV you might just see this year. That’s how good it is. It’s fun, heartfelt, intimate, happy and it also moves the plot forward! The perfect combination.
So, let’s talk about what makes A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 6 so good:
- Diana, man. Diana. Considering how the last episode ended, you can expect a charged confrontation or five.
- And Diana …she know who she is, she knows what she’s capable of. And she’s not here for anyone’s shit. Not anymore.
- We go deeper into Matthew’s background and issues, and this feels like just the perfect time to learn more about the things that make him the man he is.
- Phillipe is still …complicated, to say the least. There will be times when you want to strangle him, and at least one moment where you’ll want to hug him.
- Lines in the sand have been drawn before. This episode re-draws them. And then makes that official.
- The best intimate moments are the ones that are not just about passion, but about laughter and shared joy. There can be both, and there is both in the relationship between Matthew and Diana.
- You want to watch this episode more than once. Trust us, re-watch it again if you can. You’re probably going to want to, anyway.
- Someone proclaims: “Faith is worthless if left untested.”
- I’ve always found it incredibly refreshing that Matthew looks at Diana the way we look at Diana, and viceversa.
- There’s more than one love story going on here, and the one you didn’t expect might make you as emotional as the one you did.
Are you excited for A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 6? Share with us in the comments below!