Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×09 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Mystery” is a really fun episode. The show’s nonsensical love triangle issues remain as they were already set up, but “Zoey’s Extraordinary Mystery” still manages to deliver a fun, inventive episode that, despite my misgivings about the way they’ve handled some storylines this season, really did put a smile on my face.
Plus, the show once again manages to do that while making me feel for these characters, relate to them and yes, get emotional over them.
This is a hard one to tease, because sometimes you just have to go into an episode without really having a clue about what’s happening, and yet there are still some things we can mention as we prepare for “Zoey’s Extraordinary Mystery”:
- I’ll tip my cap to the writers, because of all the ways I speculated a new glitch might go, this wasn’t on the list.
- The episode opens with a cute scene that’s bound to make some people super happy.
- My favorite moment of the hour might just be a Simon moment. Or at least, he gets the funniest moment, by far. I had to pause the scene, because I had tears in my eyes from how funny it was.
- This show always hits it out of the park when it comes to song choice, but boy, this might be the best episode they’ve ever had in that regard.
- I’m perfectly aware I’ve said before that Emily is my favorite, but I really do love Emily. I don’t typically relate much to Zoey on anything but the grief front, because we’re two very different people, but Emily …I get Emily. I am Emily.
- To say I’m disappointed in a choice Zoey makes would be an understatement.
- I’m always borderline on what Zoey is wearing, but this episode had one particular outfit that was over the top what are you wearing Zoey, for me.
- The moment before the credits + the credits might be my favorite of the entire show.
- When your favorite shows reference your other favorite shows, now that’s FUN.
- If you’d told me I would have felt emotionally invested in a Rose storyline, I might have laughed, but here I am.
- Honesty is so much easier in friendship than in romantic relationships, isn’t it?
- There are some sparks flying in this episode – and I mean serious sparks, outside of the main love triangle/pentagon/whatever it is at this point.
- Mo is everything that makes sense in the world. Mo should, at some points, make even more sense, but I guess Mo can’t do everything. Zoey should take care of some of the common sense on her own.
- “It could be anyone, even hot people” is a thing that’s said in this episode.
- This show has had a lot of great, emotional moments. The last scene of this episode is definitely a top 5 moment for me.
Are you excited for Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×09 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Mystery”? Share with us in the comments below!
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist airs Sundays on NBC.