We love a good trailer and we love to learn more about anything and everything Disney.
One of the best thing about Disney+ is all of the inside to Disney that gives us and one of the things that we are looking forward to the most is this.
Disney+ is giving us all a behind the scenes look at all of their attractions in a special entitled, Behind the Attraction. The series is coming from Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia who will executive produce through their Seven Bucks Productions banner. The special will be narrated by Paget Brewster.
To celebrate the July 30 release of the Disney feature film “Jungle Cruise,” inspired by the Disney Parks attraction which debuted in 1955 with the opening of Disneyland® park, Disney+ will premiere all episodes of its newest original series “Behind the Attraction” on Friday, July 16. The 10-part series, narrated by Paget Brewster, gives viewers an exclusive peek ‘behind the curtain’ of the most beloved attractions and destinations at Disney Parks and Resorts around the world, from Jungle Cruise to “it’s a small world” to the Haunted Mansion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Hear the unique story behind each Castle at the Parks and learn how Disney Imagineers designed and built them and discover the intricacies of the transportation systems at each park, and how the iconic Disneyland® Hotel came to be.
The 10 episode series are entitled –
- “Jungle Cruise”
- “Haunted Mansion”
- “Star Tours”
- “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror”
- “The Castles”
- “Disneyland Hotel”
- “Space Mountain”
- “it’s a small world”
- “Trains, Trams, and Monorails”
- “Hall of Presidents”
The first five episodes will premiere on July 21st. The additional five episodes will premiere sometime this year, but we don’t have a date as of yet. But the first five episodes that will premiere are Jungle Cruise, The Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain.
- Jungle Cruise: Join a skipper for the story behind Jungle Cruise, and try to spot the backside of water! When Walt decided to create the original immersive attraction, he tasked Imagineers with building a river in the Southern California desert AND the mechanical animals to populate it. Lead designer Harper Goff and horticulturist Bill Evans scrambled to get it all built in time for Disneyland® Park’s grand opening in 1955. Guests have been cruising its waters ever since. Dwayne Johnson also appears in this episode where he discusses his childhood memories of the attraction and his favorite joke from the skippers.
- Haunted Mansion: Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion — enter if you dare! When Walt Disney developed the attraction, he didn’t specify if it should be funny or scary. Ultimately, it became a perfect blend of both. Haunted Mansion proved so popular that it inspired several later iterations, including the chilling Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris and the weird and wonderful Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Star Tours: Lightspeed to Endor! A long time ago…Disney created Star Tours, a thrilling simulator attraction that takes guests to a galaxy far, far away. It inspired Imagineers to build a whole new land — Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. There, guests can use the Force to explore the remote outpost of Batuu and the cutting-edge attractions Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Discover the ups (and downs!) of creating this gravity-defying attraction set in the eerie world of Rod Serling’s renowned “Twilight Zone” television series. Then hold on tight as Imagineers reimagine the Disney California Adventure version as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Learn what it took to build the attraction — and what it takes to ride it!
- Space Mountain: You’re about to hear the story of Space Mountain in T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…launch! Walt’s vision of an attraction that simulates space travel was a design challenge Imagineer John Hench tackled head on, creating a signature structure in Disney Parks around the world.
The series will dive into Disney history using archival and never-before-seen footage and photographs to show how the attractions came to be and how they have evolved through out the years.
Disney+ will premiere all episodes of Behind the Attraction on July 21st.