Chicago Med 7×09 “Secret Santa Has A Gift For You” is one of the strongest episodes in an already strong season. It’s hard for a show to find its groove back in season 7, particularly after with what, at times this season, has felt like a brand new cast. But in the mid-season finale, the show proves that it can absolutely integrate the new characters and the old characters, and that the dynamics between the people in this hospital are better for it.
This includes a Sarah Rafferty that shows signs of finally hitting her stride on the show. Old time Suits fans like me know what an actress of the caliber of Sarah can bring, and I hope we get to see so much more of her going forward.
Chicago Med 7×09 “Secret Santa Has A Gift For You” airs tomorrow, but that doesn’t mean we can’t give you some teases about what’s coming:
- Will Halstead, I think I love you. I’ve loved you before, so it’s good to love you again. Don’t let me go back to just rolling my eyes at you.
- One of the cases really got me this week.
- Romantic complications, hello, hello.
- Will I ever like Dean Archer? The answer might not actually be as firm a no as I thought.
- Best use of Sarah Rafferty since she’s been on this show goes to this episode. Now let’s turn that up a notch.
- Inter-office politics are the worst, no matter if you’re a cop, a firefighter or a doctor.
- This show — and the character of Dr. Charles — do such a great job with depictions of mental health issues. Other shows could stand to take note.
- A couple of characters that cannot be said to be the focus of this episode get some really good character moments.
- If anything, though, I’d call this episode an ensemble one.
- That this show is focusing on the relationships between the women is one of the biggest reasons this season is working for me.
- I’ve probably never been more interested in Chicago Med. And that ending …when is the show coming back again?
Are you excited for Chicago Med 7×09 “Secret Santa Has A Gift For You”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago Med airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on NBC.