There are movies and books that stick with you because they make an impact on your soul. They bring feelings out of you that you didn’t know you had, but you can’t let go of.
Some of you have asked us to tell you more about DVD and Blu-Ray releases after the whole experience with Warner Bros, starting to take shit away from us. We all thought we were safe with streaming and having things at our fingertips.
We know better now.
So even though we’ve purchased the digital edition, we’ve got the blu-ray™ on order. Because we won’t let anyone take away the movie that we love.
We got to sit down and talk with one of the stars, Jojo Regina, and she was such a pleasure. It’s always hard when you have only five minutes with someone and then there are internet issues.
But two minutes with Jojo is a pleasure. Such a smart and innovative young lady, who makes this movie. Yes, yes, we know that there are many actors in the movie, but when you watch the movie, Jojo captivates you in every scene she’s in.
She’s adorable. Half way during our interview she lost internet and when we came back, it was as if she didn’t miss a beat. Can’t even imagine being that professional at her age.
But that’s the beginning of a star right there. Mark our words.
AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL SEPTEMBER 6 & ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD SEPTEMBER 13
WITH OVER 17 MINUTES OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
From the best-selling novel comes a captivating mystery. Where the Crawdads Sing tells the story of Kya, an abandoned girl who raised herself to adulthood in the dangerous marshlands of North Carolina. For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” haunted Barkley Cove, isolating the sharp and resilient Kya from her community. Drawn to two young men from town, Kya opens herself to a new and startling world; but when one of them is found dead, she is immediately cast by the community as the main suspect. As the case unfolds, the verdict as to what actually happened becomes increasingly unclear, threatening to reveal the many secrets that lie within the marsh.
- Adapting a Phenomenon: Explore the journey of bringing the best-selling novel to life as told by the cast and filmmakers of Where The Crawdads Sing.
- Creating the World: When a book is as beloved as Where The Crawdads Sing, the details of the world are everything. Hear firsthand from the designers and artists that translated those images to the screen.
- Women in Focus: From its captivating central character, Kya, crafted by author Delia Owens to the incredible team of women at the helm of the film adaptation, this piece is a testament to the strength, determination and resilience of women both onscreen and behind the scenes.
- 14 Deleted & Extended Scenes: See more of the marsh, mystery and magic in this collection of deleted and extended scenes.
- Lyric Video: “Carolina” by Taylor Swift
Will you pick up the DVD? Have you bought it on digital? What did you think of the movie?