If you just heard an excited scream that was loud enough to shatter glass, there’s no need to panic. It’s just the sound of fans of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist screaming in excitement at finally receiving word that this gem of a show will be back for Season 2.
A co-production of Universal TV and Lionsgate TV, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist was one of the best new shows on air in its first season, combining the perfect amount of drama, comedy, and musical theater. Fans have been waiting eagerly (and impatiently) for news of a renewal since the May 3 finale, and the show recently topped USA Today’s Save Our Shows poll with a record showing. Season 2 reportedly has a 13 episode order.
There’s no word yet as to the season 2 premiere date, which will likely be delayed due to COVID-19. That leaves plenty of time for fans to freak out about what we might get in the second season. And, look, I’ve tried to pretend like I’m a reasonable, professional adult, but I’m also a super fan of the show, so you’ll excuse me if I melt down now as I freak out over everything I hope we’ll see next season. Such as:
- MORE CLARKEMAN! WE WANT ZOEY AND MAX TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED IN THE SEASON 1 FINALE! AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAH!
- Zoey and her family dealing with the sorrow of losing Mitch and finding happiness out of her grief.
- Max backstory! Will we finally get to see his dad? Does he have any siblings? If he has a brother, can he be played by Zachary Levi?
- Mo and Eddy! Mo absolutely owning every musical number thrown his way!
- Simon healing from his grief and finding happiness in love!
- Joan kicking ass as the head of SPRQ Point!
- Baby Clarke! David and Emily banter! Maybe flashbacks to how they met?
- Tobin growing out of his douchebro ways and maybe also finding love.
- Leif moving on from Joan and atoning for his mistakes from the first season!
- AND DID I MENTION MORE CLARKEMAN??? AAAAAAAAAH!
Created by Austin Winsberg and starring Jane Levy, Skylar Astin, Alex Newell, John Clarence Stewart, Mary Steenburgen, and Lauren Graham.
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist season 1 is streaming on Hulu and on the NBC app.