We’re back to Matthew and Diana as the second season of A Discovery of Witches reaches its midpoint, and boy, what an episode this was, and what a setup for what’s coming in the next one. Especially considering we’re now looking at Matthew and Diana, at what they’re walking into, with the knowledge of what episode 4 thought us about “blood rage” and the de Claremont family.
Plus, worried about stuff in the future storyline, but that’s neither here nor there at the moment. And yes, we’ve all been looking forward to meeting Philippe, haven’t we?
So, here are some teases for episode 5 of A Discovery of Witches season 2:
- Being a woman sucks, no matter the time period you’re living in, but it especially sucks in the time period Matthew and Diana are stuck in.
- Love declarations are starting to feel commonplace in this show. We’re not complaining.
- But true love is …the little things. Like pants.
- We go deeper into Kit and his feelings in this episode, and I think by the end of it, everyone will have an answer re: the question of whether Kit is to be trusted or not.
- There are many things Matthew does that we love, and there are many things about his relationship with Diana that we adore, but the way they make a point to show, visually, particularly with hand-holding, that they are a unit, is one of the best ones.
- It’s hard to truly dislike Philippe, even within the context of not really agreeing with what he’s saying.
- Probably because the casting is on point, and there’s something about him that just feels …similar to Matthew.
- That being said, there’s at least one moment in this episode that will make you go: “Are you sure it’s hard to dislike Philippe? Because I’m there.”
- Just in case you’ve forgotten that the entire point of this show is that Diana is more powerful than anyone else …the end of this episode will remind you.
Are you excited for A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 5? Share with us in the comments below!