WE’RE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE WONDERFUL NEWS! NETFLIX HAS PICKED UP ‘FATE: THE WINX SAGA’ FOR A SEASON 2! (Happy dance here!) The cast is set to reprise their roles, including Abigail Cowen as Bloom, Hannah van der Westhuysen as Stella, Precious Mustapha as Aisha, Eliot Salt as Terra and Elisha Applebaum as Musa. But before we give you more good news, you better watch the incredible announcement that Netflix has made to spread the good news.
Here we go!
It’s beautiful right? All the powers of our Winx together. And now … let’s get to the details!
- Additional casting news for season two will be announced at a later date.
- Brian Young (The Vampire Diaries) will return as Showrunner and Executive Producer.
- Executive Producers also set to return alongside Brian Young include: Judy Counihan and Kris Thykier from Archery Pictures (Riviera, The State) plus Joanne Lee and Cristiana Buzzelli from Rainbow
- The season two order includes 8 one-hour episodes for this Netflix original series from Archery Pictures Production, in association with Rainbow
- Production for Season 2 will begin later this year in Ireland
Showrunner Brian Young says:
“The six episodes in season one only scratched the surface of this incredibly rich world and the powerful fairies who inhabit it. As Bloom’s story continues to evolve, I can’t wait for you to learn even more about Aisha, Stella, Terra, and Musa! And you never know who might show up at Alfea next term…”
Iginio Straffi, creator of the Winx Club and Founder and CEO of Rainbow Group says:
“Winx connects with audiences in the live action adaptation the same way it does in animation. Over the years, we have seen Winx grow into a global phenomenon and millions of fans have faithfully followed the show. Thanks to this loyal support, ‘Fate: The Winx Saga’ is a massive worldwide success, with a second season underway at Netflix that will continue the story to the delight of fans and viewers everywhere.”
And I couldn’t agree more with them. The show needed this season 2 because they presented us with a story with a lot of potential but they didn’t explore everything they could. It was an introduction to the Winx world. And now, it’s the turn to begin to tell the true story. And there are so many possibilities …
On the other hand, congratulations to the entire fandom! You did this. You gave the show incredible support, I attest to that. You’re incredible and this is by and for you.