Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×08 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Birthday” had some things that really worked for me, and some things that really didn’t. The previous episode laid some groundwork for stories to be explored in the second half of the second season. This episode builds upon that groundwork, starting to give a little more time to develop stories that fans have been waiting to see explored – particularly with some supporting characters. As for the rest…well…this is definitely an episode that will draw some mixed reactions. Likely some very strong mixed reactions.
- Mo is on a mission, and I don’t blame him one bit.
- There’s something about Rose that is oddly reminiscent of Jessica. Not in terms of plot, but something about the way she moves, maybe?
- Jealous Zoey is on another level. I wouldn’t mind seeing this explored a bit more.
- Mo is so on point as the voice of truth, everyone should just do what he says, no questions asked.
- David is somehow an adorable geek dad even when he’s not in a dad role. I don’t know how that works, but it somehow does.
- David is also an enormous mess – then again, he is a Clarke.
- Me, more than once this episode: Where did this come from? When did this supposedly happen? Did it happen off-screen?
- Emily knows what she cares about and what she doesn’t, and there is never an ounce of ambiguity about which is which. We love her for it.
- There are some clear differences in framing going on, and I really don’t know if that’s intentional or not.
- I like Rose. I may actually be kinda rooting for Max and Rose. Go get ‘im, girl.
- Maggie is absolutely the heart of the episode. But isn’t she usually, in episodes she’s in?
- Every mention of Mitch on this show tugs at my heart. Every single one.
- So apparently we are doing this again.
- I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a conversation just like this on a CW show, and it’s going to bother me until I remember which one. Heck maybe it was even more than one CW show. I’ve certainly never heard of it happening in real life.
- Zoey is stunned by what she just saw, which has to make her the only person on the planet who didn’t see it coming!
- Mo did not see something else coming, but it could lead to an interesting character arc and growth for him. I can’t wait to see what he does next.
- This might be goodbye to at least one character, but it’s hard not to think they do that character a little dirty on the way out the door.
- If this is where they’re going, I really hope we see a certain conversation before the end of the season.
Are you excited for Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×08 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Birthday”? Share with us in the comments below!