Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×11 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Double Date” isn’t a truly surprising episode plot-wise, and there’s nothing about it that touched me emotionally – the episode is a little light on the grief storyline, to focus more on my least favorite thing, the love triangle – but it is an episode that delivered some of my favorite musical numbers this show has ever done. And hey, I’m a musicals fan first, a human second.
It isn’t even just the usual suspects delivering the outstanding performances – my favorite song is covered in this episode, and no, it’s not Mo making me cry this time! As always, the choreography and the song selection in this show elevate scenes, and I’m sure I won’t be the only one replaying some performances over and over.
Here are some teases about what’s coming in Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×11 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Double Date”:
- Is the love triangle ever going to die? Like, just pick a side. Not even particular about which one, at this point. Just PICK ONE.
- Zoey’s outfit makes absolutely no sense.
- It should be illegal to dress Simon in something that makes him look as unattractive as that purple jacket.
- Am I a Leif fan now? I think I am a Leif fan. I’m very confused at this turn of events.
- This episode has an A+ ship moment that a lot of people have been waiting for.
- I cheered for Mo at the end. Cheered.
- Double dates are uncomfortable under the best of circumstances. These aren’t the best of circumstances.
- First time Zoey truly wishes she couldn’t hear someone’s heart song? Maybe.
- Maggie’s storyline really didn’t go where I think it was going.
- We have discussed how Bernadette Peters can sing anything, right? Right?
- The therapy number is aaammaaaaaaaazing. The songs on this episode, I swear. Highlight.
- I can see the writing on the wall, and I don’t like the writing. Or the wall.
- The last shot of this episode kinda tugged at my heartstrings, despite my previous criticism of this character.
Are you excited for Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2×11 “Zoey’s Extraordinary Double Date”? Share with us in the comments below!
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist airs Sundays on NBC.