New Amsterdam 3×13 “Fight Time” picks up in the aftermath of the emotional New Amsterdam 3×12 “Things Fall Apart,” even if it focuses mostly on the immediate problems, aka someone basically kidnapped Max’s child – it doesn’t matter if they’re the grandparents, they don’t have custody and taking her away from Max like that is absolutely not cool, to say the least – and Iggy’s desire to always help everyone is put to the biggest test ever.
Just a casual, emotionally charged episode of New Amsterdam. Isn’t that what they always are? And, isn’t that why we watch, in the end?
So, let’s talk a little bit about what you can expect in New Amsterdam 3×13 “Fight Time”:
- Iggy’s storyline this episode is anxiety hour. No, anxiety hour x 10.
- Rest assured, Max and Helen do talk to each other this episode. But they’re not the focus, unlike last hour.
- Good writing is not ignoring where your characters stand, the journey you’ve taken them on, even if you can’t really focus on every issue right now.
- Rarely does Lauren get the lighter storyline, but it’s not because Janet Montgomery can’t pull it off.
- Can you even imagine New Amsterdam without Casey? I can’t – and I don’t want to.
- It’s always kind of amusing when Max is all like OMG THIS THING EVERYONE KNOWS HAPPENS CAN’T BE HAPPENING AT NEW AMSTERDAM.
- Ryan Eggold’s comedic timing? Perfect. It’s kinda sad he doesn’t get to display this ability more.
- I spy Helen Sharpe’s walls inching down, little by little. And it’s amazing to see.
- Floyd makes a big decision this episode, and I, for one, totally agree with his choice.
- Max gives a good speech. He really does. Sometimes I wish he didn’t try to be as fair as he always tries to be, just because, in those attempts at fairness, he sometimes undercuts himself. But he’s still very good at the words thing.
- Sometimes you need a friend to try to encourage your better instincts. Even if you end up not listening.
- It’s not up to us to decide what other people can be – or should be. Sometimes, we have to respect their choices.
- Good ship content from one couple? Try two.
- It’s the kind that’s not exactly surprising, but it still ends up being super heartwarming. Good ship moments are not created in a vacuum, they’re typically the culmination of a great deal of setup, even if it’s not the obvious kind of setup.
- The last three scenes of the episode are emotional gut punch, after emotional gut punch. Just the New Amsterdam way!
Agree? Disagree? What did you think of New Amsterdam 3×13 “Fight Time”? Share with us in the comments below!
New Amsterdam airs Tuesdays on NBC.