Big news for DC fans – we finally have a date for Titans Season 3! The show will premiere August 12 on HBO Max.
All of our faves our returning, including Dick (Nightwing), Kory (Starfire), Rachel (Raven), Gar (Beast Boy), etc.
New faces to the cast include:
- Savannah Welch as Barbara Gordon
- Vincent Kartheiser as Dr. Jonathan Crane
- Jay Lycurgo as Tim Drake
We hope to see Barbara’s transition into Batgirl or Oracle (probably the latter), along with Tim becoming the new Robin. But don’t worry if you are a fan of Jason Todd that he won’t be around anymore. It’s already been revealed that he will become Red Hood in Titans Season 3, though if it’s the same as the comics, our boy is in for a world of hurt.
And what of Barbara? We’re assuming she will be Oracle because a released photo shows her already in a wheelchair. Will they show flashbacks of her as Batgirl when Dick was Robin? Will there be romantic tension between the two? How will this impact things between him and Kory? We need answers!
Along with the release date announcement came the release of a teaser trailer, with the promise that a full trailer would be out next month.
The teaser looked grim enough to have us biting our nails and waiting for Titans Season 3, with Jason at the Carnival and us getting our first hint of the Joker. He’s been heading down the Red Hood path for a while now, with all his conflict with Dick last season. That doesn’t mean we’re ready to see our boy suffer though. We need to brace ourselves.
We’re also excited to see Kory not only in her new Starfire costume, but facing off with Blackfire. It’s going to be intense, and we are here for it.
Here’s a few more things we noticed in the trailer:
- Bruce Wayne is back!
- The team will be in Gotham
- There was a shocking lack of Raven in this teaser, even from the team shot
- Hawk is looking melodramatic as usual while Dove looks badass
- Krypto returns as such a good boy
Donna was not in the trailer, which is not surprising since, well, she died. However, Conor Leslie has been seen in social media posts during shoots, so it’s safe to say Wonder Girl is back.
It looks like we’ll finally get to see what happened to Gar and Connor were captured, but from the group shot it looks like they were rescued at some point.
You can check out the teaser trailer below.
Comic Series and social media
Besides the debut Titans Season 3, DC has announced they will also produce a 7-part comic book series featuring characters from the show. The first one will hit the shelves of comic book shops Sept. 14.
Also, if you are not following @DCTitans on Twitter, you’re really missing out. Props to whoever is running that account. They are great at answering fan questions, reposting things from the cast, etc. Recently, they did an AMA and shared the following hints:
- The Scarecrow storyline is one to pay attention to this season
- Episode titles will be released this summer. “Lots of speculation around the net but we are the official source,” the Titans Twitter Account stated.
- When asked about an upgrade to Titans powers, they replied “this season is full of surprises. we will revisit this discussion when the first three episodes air.”
- In response to someone wondering if S3 will have more action, the answer was a resounding “yes.”
- We are getting Dick and Kory content but “with a twist.” (This begs the question as to how the addition of Barbara Gordon, Dick’s romantic interest in the comics, will impact this ship).
We are at the edge of our seats for more news on the upcoming episodes of Titans, but one thing we do know – it’s shaping up to be more epic than anything we’ve seen in the past.
Watch the first two seasons of Titans now on HBO Max, Season 3 will start streaming Aug. 12.