It’s almost that time of year again.
After a very long hiatus, Shadowhunters returns for its final season on February 25th. Freeform has just released the very first trailer for the new half-season. As expected, it’s… a bit of a mess.
— Shadowhunters (@ShadowhuntersTV) January 31, 2019
Some thoughts, after watching it a few times:
- I’m excited for Sizzy and Malec! Kind of? I don’t think either couple could possibly live up to their book counterpart, but their scenes look promising.
- I am considerably less excited for Clace.
- What is that wedding-like scene officiated by brother Zachariah??? And is that definitely brother Zachariah? Because it sounds kind of sinister and evil and it kind of looks like Clary is involved? I’m so confused?
- Is Clary turning evil? Because I kind of don’t hate that idea?
- Ugh, there they go using book lines and book scenes for absolutely no reason and for a couple that has diverged so much from the books that the lines/scenes just don’t work for them… we don’t need the City of Glass “I will love you until I die” line.
- I liked Will Tudor and it’s going to take awhile to get used to this new actor.
- MAKE MAIA THE HEAD OF THE PACK PLEASE!
- Is that supposed to be Edom? Because… no.