After the emotional weight of last week’s episode, the fourth episode of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist takes a step back – and a bit of a breath. As we’ve mentioned before, grief isn’t linear. And while you’re going through it, the rest of the world carries on. There are issues with work, there are friendships old and new, and the people we love have problems of their own.
After spending the first few episodes dealing with – and avoiding – her grief, Zoey’s ready to embrace happiness in her life. Whether the rest of the world is ready to let her do that, however? Remains to be seen. Meanwhile, the people in her life have issues of their own. Along with their own stories to explore.
Here are some of our takeaways from the episode, titled “Zoey’s Extraordinary Employee.”
- I don’t know how many times I can say I adore David and Emily before the actors put a restraining order out on me, but…I just really love David and Emily. And, more importantly, I love how much they love each other.
- That said, Emily and I are gonna have to have some words.
- Jenna and Maggie are either a match made in heaven or a dangerous duo that should never be allowed alone together, and I’m not sure which I’m leaning toward more.
- GEORGE! OH MY GOD, GEORGE!
- I spy with my little eye…is this the last nail in the coffin for the dreaded love triangle?
- Tobin is a mess, but what’s new?
- I really want to know how Leif is getting his intel. I’ve got my suspicions, but it remains to be seen if I’m right.
- Everyone who meets Mo wants to know him better. Everyone needs a Mo in their lives. I need a Mo in my life. Where can I get my own Mo?
- One lesson Zoey really needs to learn is that going through emotional turmoil is unavoidable. But she still needs to bear in mind the impact her actions have on other people.
- When in a bad place, try karaoke! It’s better than other coping mechanisms.
- Happy Simon is the best Simon. More happy Simon, please.
- Learning to be partners with someone is a lot like learning to live with them. People have different styles, and it may take some time to find the groove.
- Maggie’s feeling a combination of emotions this episode, and all of them are very real.
- Lizzie and I agree that Zoey was trying to call Max. And, no, we take no notes on this.
- David is such a good dad, and Emily is such a loving wife. Did I mention how much I love them? I love them.
What has you excited about Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist episode 2×04, “Zoey’s Extraordinary Employee?” What do you hope to see? Let us know in the comments below!
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on NBC.