A Discovery of Witches prepares to close out season 2 and delivers an outstanding hour with episode 9, an hour in which absolutely everything happens, both characterization wise and plot-wise. The board was set a long time ago, and now the pieces are moving, and we can barely keep up with the game that’s been played. We need a minute or two to breathe, but the show isn’t giving us that time.
Instead, we all just have to figure out a way to hold on and ride this out.
Here are some teases about what awaits in A Discovery of Witches season 2, episode 9:
- Everyone can see the change in Matthew, it’s not just us. Marriage suits him, we can say.
- There’s a surprise in this episode that’s likely to be a WHAAAAT moment for anyone who hasn’t read the books, and a wait that wasn’t how I thought it was coming, but I figured it had to come right about now moment for anyone who has.
- “It’s impossible”/”Apparently not” is pretty much the theme for this show, isn’t it?
- Matthew and Diana get some perfect quiet moments together in this episode, and there’s so much to dissect in them. This show does a lot right, but intimacy is near the top of what they always absolutely nail – not just physical, but emotional.
- We really wanted to like Kit Marlowe. We did. It just never worked out.
- The way the Queen is portrayed in A Discovery of Witches feels much more realistic than the way she’s portrayed in basically every movie about her. Not to mention her makeup doesn’t look flawless! Which, it wouldn’t have.
- Have I mentioned we hate Kit?
- Jack is our precious boy and we absolutely love him.
- When Diana is right, she’s absolutely right.
- The things we do for love, x4.
- Diana is no damsel in distress. Everyone would do well to remember that.
- Sometimes it’s as simple as listening to what people are telling you, over and over again.
- Gallowglass is the smartest of them all. That’s why we love him.
- There’s something so powerful about the last scene, so intimate, so …profound, that’s it’s at times hard to watch, at times impossible to look away from.
Are you excited for A Discovery of Witches season 2 episode 9? Share with us in the comments below!
New episodes of A Discovery of Witches are available to stream every Saturday on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+.