It seems like news in The Witcherverse has been heating up this week. WitcherCon was just announced and we are still waiting for the confirmation for the premiere date for season two. With that in mind, we got another treat. Which was a teaser for the second season of The Witcher on Twitter. And it was glorious.
So, what have we learned from some of the easter eggs in this 12 seconds of footage?
- At the beginning of the teaser, you can see the Cintra lion sewn into the fabric of her cloak. She still has a piece of Cintra with her. Is it possible this is going to be a very Ciri centric season or will it be evenly spread out like season one?
- We are assuming that Ciri and Geralt are heading back to Kaer Morhen. This would allow her to learn how to use her powers and train with Geralt.
- Ciri will be learning how to fight, as we see her holding a weapon.
- Also, where we see Ciri standing in front of a rack of swords, refers to the picture that Netflix first released in a tweet last year. The message with the tweet said “Today, you’ve chosen destiny. Honor the Witchers who came before, now look around and let your curiosity explore.” Again, referencing Ciri and Geralt being at Kaer Morhen where they used to train Witchers.
- When Ciri says “I need to understand”, that could refer to her heritage, her powers, or about her parents. It could be about all of it. She doesn’t have a lot of understanding about her true self.
- We see a lot of footage of Ciri running around woods, getting tossed around, and a long strange water-filled tunnel. I’m going to assume this is Ciri learning and training at Kaer Morhen, which would make the most sense.
- There is new Nilfgaardian armor.
But here is what we don’t see:
- A clear shot of Geralt in this promo, unless that sliver of a shoulder is supposed to be him.
- What is happening with Yennefer? We know she was at the Battle of Sodden Hill against Nilfgaard, and from the promo stills for season two she was captured. When will she be reunited with Geralt and Ciri? I need more info from my favorite badass character.
- Jaskier??? We last left him when Geralt and him got into an argument over the whole child surprise and djinn business. Jaskier walked off and we didn’t see him the rest of the series. The question is, where did he go and what tales is he spinning with his bards? Geralt was his friend and it hurt to see them end on those terms. Also, I need more Jaskier and Yennefer interaction/banter because they are hilarious.
Now, I want teaser trailers for all the characters. That is only fair, correct? Give me all the information and a release date. It’s not too much to ask.
Did you notice any other easter eggs in the teaser trailer for season two of The Witcher? What do you want to be answered? Share with us in the comments below!