Legends of Tomorrow 7×11 “Rage Against The Machines” finally pits our Legends against their robot duplicates. In any battle, people always step up to the plate when their team needs them the most. This time around, two of the least likely Legends are the ones who deliver in crunch time. However, the team might pay a severe price for this victory with a shocking ending.
So let’s dive into “Rage Against The Machines” with the two team members who come up the biggest: Behrad and Gwyn.
THE ART OF WAR
One thing that a good leader does is listen to her crew. After some failed attempts at reason with the Robot Legends, Sara asks Gwyn for his military expertise in defeating them. Gwyn’s big plan is a classic one: Divide and Conquer. To that end, he uses a spy (Behrad) to invade the ship and take down the Robo-Legends one by one. So let’s go into what happens to each of the robot Legends and rate it by cleverness on a scale of 1-10:
- Dr. Sharpe and Robot Astra: After Behrad tricks them into a little bathroom situation that gets them to the manor, Gary pushes them out of the house and into Hell (though it won’t be the last we see of one of them). Rating: 5. Determined by if you like bathroom humor or not.
- Robot Spooner and Robot Gary: Spooner is able to trick Robot Gary into eating Robot Spooner and in turn, also eating her grenade, which blows him up. Rating: 7. Sometimes the simplest tricks are the best.
- Robot Behrad: shut down by Astra after he shoots Ava in the arm. Rating: N/A. Behrad got stopped before the plan, but he deserves to melted into junk metal for hurting Ava.
- Robot Zari: After a confrontation with Zari and a bit of the old “Who’s who?!” trope, Zari is able to pull out robo-Zari’s CPU. Rating: 6. Much too short but I can never hate a “which one is the real one?” moment.
- Evil Gideon: Gets her plug pulled by Zari after Behrad is able to get the code to take her down. Rating: 8. It’s what she deserves.
- Robot Sara and Robot Nate: Gideon convinces them to pull out their CPUs and then Nate tricks Robo-Nate to become the new guardian of the World War I fixed point after Thawne was killed by them. Rating: 8. Mostly for Nate tricking Robo-Nate to be the new fixed-point guardian. Otherwise, it was kind of lame.
So all’s well that ends well, right? The Legends have succeeded, and everyone is happy. Even moments of bonding happen as Astra and Gideon get a moment to share as Gideon thanks her for “birthing” her into a human. Except this is Legends of Tomorrow and they don’t like to leave you without a little surprise. The surprise in “Rage Against The Machines” is that as soon as we feel at ease, Gideon is stabbed by a very burnt and wounded Robo-Astra. To say we don’t like this one bit is a understatement. You can’t just do this to us when we’ve grown to love Gideon so much! Gideon will be okay …we hope.
- Any montage set to “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” is automatically solid gold.
- RIP to the bar patrons that the Robot-Legends massacred. Solid bummer.
- Robot Nate having a Arnold Schwarzenegger accent was definitely an odd choice there.
- How did Robot Astra get back in the house???
Legends of Tomorrow returns for its final two episodes of the season on February 23rd.