Foundation 2×03 sees someone taking a shower…but it’s not Empire. Did the show give us all the naked Lee Pace it was going to give us in the premiere? Probably not, but someone really did play a dirty trick on us with the whole “naked a lot” thing to kick off the season. And no, Day doesn’t even really get flirty in this episode like he did in the last one either. The best we’ve got is some kind of motivational talk or praise or whatever—which we’re pretty sure he got off on?—from Demezel as they watched Bel and Glawen together. (Not sure what was up with the head massage during all that either, for what it’s worth.)
No, the real story of Foundation 2×03 is the reunion of Bel Riose (Ben Daniels) and his husband, Glawen (Dino Fetscher), who he thought was dead for the past six years. It’s actually quite possible that the very serious, raw emotion from Daniels and Fetscher was just powerful enough to keep Empire in check and his clothes on. Because, all fun and games aside, this episode really does feature just an achingly beautiful (emphasis on the ache) moment for these two.
Then, there’s the issue of Hober Mallow castling about so he can rip off Commdor Argo. And no, we don’t mean following an NYPD detective around to write a book because you had one of those “love at first sight” moments either. It’s not that kind of Castle. Instead, Mallow switches places (and clothes…so, if someone castles with Naked Lee Pace, does that mean they suddenly appear naked?) with Argo so he can steal the Eye of Korell. And just as he’s about to be executed for his crimes, he pulls off another swap. Smart…but kids, don’t try this at home.
Another thing not to try at home: Whatever Hari Seldon gets up to here. He has a body now, which means Gaal finally gets to slap him if she wants. But first, she and Salvor have to get them out of the latest dangerous mess…in some other episode.
More on Foundation 2×03
- Lizzie: The rudest part about this episode is that I had EMOTIONS. And they weren’t the “Lee Pace is naked” kinda emotions, which are all the emotions I expected to have about Foundation. Or, okay, not the ones I expected to have — I loved Salvor enough in Season 1 that I knew she’d get me to feel things, but they were the emotions I was willing to admit to out loud. And then this hour happened. Which, RUDE.
- Shana: “After all, there may be infinite ways to arrive at the inevitable.” Is that supposed to give us hope of seeing more skin? Because I gotta say, I feel betrayed.
- Lizzie: But, I will say, I have been LIED TO. Lied. Because, every dang BTS picture and almost every promo picture had Lee Pace naked. And then that premiere! And the clips they released? Was I wrong to expect naked Lee Pace? Of course I was not. That’s what Apple TV+ promised, and it has not delivered enough. Just saying.
- Shana: “My plan makes small changes in the present to adjust large events in the future.” I smell a chaotic dynamical system…and I can’t even enjoy it because they lied to us about the whole low-cut and/or no robe thing.
- Lizzie: Also, can I slap Hari Seldon too? For reasons, and science? He likes science. I find him insufferable enough that I wish I could find the science to walk into my TV screen and slap him silly.
- Shana: “Tell empire he can go fuck himself. And his big, blue fucking dress.” The whole mood!
Thoughts on Foundation 2×03? Too emotional to have them? Feeling robbed? Leave us a comment!