With Valentine’s Day forthcoming, we’ve been having some serious Oliver and Felicity feels as we marvel about how lucky we truly are to have this glorious ship in our lives.
There have been a lot of iconic lines uttered by Oliver and Felicity on Arrow that have made us swoon like there’s no tomorrow. You know, those lines that are still embedded in your memory even after four years. The ones you can quote immediately, state the episode it was said in, and describe everything about the scene. They are defining moments in Oliver and Felicity’s relationship. And man have they come a long way.
Oliver and Felicity have said “I love you” in more ways than we can count, but every time feels like we’re hearing it for the first time. Every word they utter to each other is bliss for us Olicity shippers, but there are some quotes more than others that really turn us to mush and make us feel all the feels.
Here are 27 Olicity quotes that make us swoon:
1. “Felicity Smoak? Hi, I’m Oliver Queen.” – Oliver (Season 1, Episode 3)
The one that started it all. This iconic line will never be forgotten. Four years later and it’s still being GIFed.
2. “Felicity…He had you and he was going to hurt you. There was no choice to make.” – Oliver (Season 2, Episode 7)
Considering the point that Oliver and Felicity were at in their relationship – when we never imagined that the show would go there romantically with the two – this line was the first indication that Arrow might just give into the incredible love that had developed with these characters. They did. And it was the best thing to happen to this show.
3. “It was red.” – Oliver to Felicity (Season 3, Episode 1)
Never have three words about a pen color meant so much to a fandom. This was Oliver indicating what we knew all along: there is no detail that he forgets when he’s with the woman he loves. Every time I use a red pen I still get choked up.
4. “For better or for worse.” – Oliver (Season 4, Episode 10)
While this one remains fresh it signified an important detail about their relationship: it’s never been about the physical (although that’s very much there), it’s always been about the emotional attraction for Oliver and Felicity. This was Oliver saying that no matter what life throws at them they’ll always be there for each other.
5. “There is one person in particular that I am grateful for…Someone who stood beside me when times were darkest. She’s the one that lights my way…Felicity Smoak. Would you make the happiest man on the face of the Earth?” – Oliver (Season 4, Episode 9)
The proposal that we all knew was coming – thanks spoilers – but weren’t prepared for when it happened. It was so touching, loving and inspiring and everything that Oliver and Felicity represent.
6. “You’ve opened up a part of my heart that I didn’t even know was possible…I love you.” – Felicity Smoak (Season 3, Episode 20)
For a while there in season three all we were made aware of was Oliver’s feelings – verbally speaking. But in episode 20 we finally got to hear Felicity utter her feelings verbally. And this line was the epitome of how not only Felicity has changed Oliver’s life but how Oliver has changed hers.
7. “Because of the life I lead, I just think it’s better to not be with someone that I could really care about.” – Oliver (Season 2, Episode 6)
Back during the dark ages of the Olicity fandom there was a time when we never could have dreamed that Arrow would take Oliver and Felicity in a romantic direction. But our first indication that they were – and a line that holds so much meaning – was Oliver’s speech to Felicity about how he didn’t think he could be with someone he could really care about. This was the official beginning to the coupling.
8. “You know you’re always saying how you want me to be happy? Well, the thing is, as long as you’re in my life, I am.” – Felicity (Season 3, Episode 16)
The biggest challenge for Oliver and Felicity in season three was the obstacle that Oliver forced upon them restricting them from being together. But that never stopped the two of them from caring about the other’s happiness. But with this line Felicity made it clear that Oliver is the one that makes her happy, regardless of the romantic implications.
9. “We’re going to be fine…Because we found ourselves in each other.” – Felicity (Season 4, Episode 6)
No relationship is without its complications and doubts as Oliver and Felicity learned and grew from this season. The beauty of Oliver and Felicity is that they make each other better – they have helped each other become the people they were destined to be. And that’s damn beautiful.
10. “You honor the dead by fighting. And you are not done fighting…You are not alone. And I believe in you.” – Felicity (Season 2, Episode 22)
When Oliver is at his darkest Felicity has always been the one to light his way. This speech during Oliver’s darkest moment in season two not only inspired him to keep fighting for those he lost, but it inspired him to fight for his future.
11. “I love every moment I am with you, no matter where we are.” – Felicity (Season 4, Episode 1)
One of the great things about Oliver and Felicity is that can find happiness literally anywhere as long as they’re together. Because it’s not where they are but who they are with. And as long as they’re with each other they’re happy.
12. “Don’t ask me to say that I don’t love you.” –Oliver (Season 3, Episode 1)
Back when Oliver believed he couldn’t be the Arrow and be with Felicity, we witnessed a beautiful yet gut-wrenching kiss that put a pause on their romantic relationship. Felicity was tired of Oliver dangling maybes of what could be eventually. So Felicity wanted Oliver to tell her he didn’t love her so that she might be able to move on. But Oliver could never lie to Felicity about the way he feels. That line – and the way Stephen Amell delivered it – told you everything that you need to know about how much Oliver loves Felicity.
13. “And here we are, fighting. Fighting our way through the danger instead of running away from it. Isn’t that the whole point of marriage? To get through the hard times because we are together, not in spite of it?” – Felicity (season 4, Episode 9)
The midseason finale tackled the complex subject of marriage and what it means to be married. We’d seen Oliver hold off eight episodes from proposing to Felicity since they returned to their vigilante life in fear that their relationship couldn’t survive that darkness. But Felicity delivered an inspired line about the true meaning of marriage that tells you everything about how these two will be when they’re married; they’ll be stronger together.
14. “If you ever need to tell someone about your day, you can tell me.” – Oliver (Season 1, Episode 18)
The simplicity of this line still makes me swoon when you consider who Oliver was at this point. He was season one Oliver who was still out for vengeance instead of justice. But even then – back when he’d known Felicity only a short while – you saw just how much she affected him in his soft, caring approach, and how much he wanted to ensure her happiness.
15. “Talk about unthinkable. You and me, I mean. When you told me you loved me, you had me fooled. For a second, I thought that maybe you might have meant it, what you said. You, you really sold it.” “We both did.” – Felicity and Oliver (Season 2, Episode 23)
It’s really incredible to see just how far Oliver and Felicity have come in their relationship. In the season 2 finale we saw Oliver confess his love to Felicity – in what was intended to be a ploy for Slade – but in all actuality was truth disguised as foolery. This exchange between Felicity and Oliver served as a bit of foreshadowing for the pair’s future romantic journey.
16. “Slade took Laurel because he wants to kill the woman I love.” “I know, so?” “So he took the wrong woman…I love you. Do you understand?” – Oliver to Felicity (Season 2, Episode 23)
This was the exchanged that killed the Olicity fandom and then resuscitated all in the same instant back during its live airing. Let’s be honest, these two are terrible liars when it comes to each other. Oliver might’ve been able to hide behind the whole act of it all, but we all know damn well Oliver meant every word he said to Felicity.
17. “It’s Felicity!” – Oliver (Season 3, Episode 19)
Never have two words held so much emotion or said so much as these two words from Oliver’s mouth. It’s Oliver’s instinct whenever Felicity is in danger to jump into action regardless of the consequences and no matter what’s at stake. Because when it comes to Felicity there is no choice to make.
18. “When you’re not around it just makes me realize how much I need you here…You’re my partner.” –Oliver (Season 2, Episode 10)
Not that we ever doubted Felicity was Oliver’s partner since she joined Team Arrow, but this exchange between the two after Oliver’s bought of jealously served as a reminder of Felicity’s significance in his life. He needs her in his life. Without her he’s just not his true self. And without her none of this would’ve been possible.
19. “Can I trust you?” “Yes, you can trust me.” Felicity and Oliver (Season 1, Episode 12)
Trust is such a significant part of Oliver and Felicity’s relationship from the get-go. It’s the reason Felicity helped Oliver from the beginning and it’s the reason Oliver entrusted her with his secret. It’s the reason why their relationship is so strong and has evolved into what it is today.
20. “I know who you are. Whether you’re in a suit or in a hood, you’re the man that I…you’re the man that I believe in.” – Felicity (Season 3, Episode 19)
When Oliver needs inspiration you can trust that Felicity will be there to inspire him. Even when Oliver doubts the hero that he’s supposed to be, Felicity reminds him of the person that he is. And in this instance we saw Felicity nearly confess her love for him – the only reason she held back was because she was with Ray – and still manage to turn it into an inspiring speech. And Oliver’s reaction when he thought she was going to say that “L” word…chills.
21. “Thank you for always being on my side.” “No other place I’d rather be.” — Felicity and Oliver (Season 4, Episode 11)
Oliver and Felicity have seen their challenges, but they’ve always managed to come through the other end stronger because of it. And they’ve always had each others backs.
22. “You told me once that life is precious and you wanted more from it than I could offer you. Don’t give up on that. The only way I’m gonna survive this is if I know that you’re out there living your life, happy.” – Oliver (Season 3, Episode 20)
Oliver and his self-sacrificial self will be the death of me. When Oliver believed that he’d never return from Nanda Parbat he let Felicity know that the one thing that means the most to him is her happiness…even if she couldn’t have it with him. Kill me now.
23. “You have no idea what he’s been through, what he’s lost, how he’s grown. But I do. I know him better than almost anyone.” – Felicity (Season 3, Episode 17)
Felicity has been there for Oliver through his darkest of times reminding him and others of the hero that he is. She believes in him more than anyone. And she’ll fight til her last breath to convince everyone of Oliver’s goodness.
24. “I’ll come back.” “Promise me.” – Oliver and Felicity (Season 2, Episode 9)
Back when every word between them was multidimensional — actually it still is — Oliver and Felicity never made it a secret about how much they cared for one another. And when the stakes were at their highest they shared their concern through beautiful words and glances.
25. “And the second thing?” “I love you.” – Felicity and Oliver (Season 3, Episode 9)
It was the first – well technically the second – time that Oliver told Felicity that he loved her, and he thought it was going to be the last. Still not over this.
26. “Don’t fight to die. Fight to live.” – Felicity (Season 3, Episode 23)
Felicity has always been the one to inspire Oliver in times of darkness, and when he believed that he couldn’t defeat Ra’s al Ghul, Felicity reminded him what he was fighting for, what’s worth fighting for. Fight for your future.
27. “I’m happy.” – Oliver (Season 3, Episode 23)
Oliver Queen has known his share of darkness in his life, and he’s often found it nearly impossible to find happiness. Until he met Felicity Smoak. And in these two words in the season three finale you could see a literal weight lifted off his shoulders as he embraced and accepted happiness.