Legends of Tomorrow 6×06 “The Bishop’s Gambit” delivers some hard truths to a few of the Legends. Some are little ones, like John isn’t really the most fondest of house guests crashing at his home. Other truths, though are a little bit bigger and will have much more impact on a few of the Legends as time grows on.
There’s no time like the present to confront the biggest truth revealed in ‘The Bishop’s Gambit”
So there’s no other way to say it. Sara Lance is dead. As she finds out at the end of “The Bishop’s Gambit,” Sara’s confrontation with Amelia Earhart actually did kill her. The cure that Bishop gave her wasn’t one at all. Sadly, this isn’t the first time Sara Lance has died in the Arrowverse. However, this time around feels much different. Because Sara is still with us.
The Sara Lance we follow throughout “The Bishop’s Gambit” is a clone. Sara’s look of shock when she pulls back the sheet to reveal herself is one of those haunting images that you will always remember. After all, what would any of us do if we saw ourselves dead?
Now what happens to Sara? She’s never been one to wallow in self-pity or shock forever so how does she confront this new truth in her life? My hope is that once she’s off the planet, she leans on her friends and Ava for support. Lets them help her understand this new beginning for Sara Lance.
(….Sara’s going to completely keep this a secret and it’s going end up being revealed in the most shocking and worst way possible isn’t it?)
The Enemy of My Enemy
More uncomfortable truth happens in the form of one Spooner Cruz and her confrontation with the Amelia Earhart alien. One belief that Spooner has had most of her life is that aliens are her nemesis. From childhood, she’s had a anger and fear of lifeforms from another planet.
So when Spooner starts communicating with Amelia in her alien language and get telepathic messages from here, it has to be a blow to her. How is this happening? Did the aliens somehow give Spooner the ability to communicate with other aliens? One of Spooner’s “gifts” is feeling the presence of a alien nearby. What if that isn’t so much a gift but something Spooner inherited? Could Spooner be what she hates the most in life? An Alien? Yes, that does sound far-fetch, but this is Legends of Tomorrow we’re talking about here. What everyone else considers weird and out there, the Legends consider that a regular Tuesday.
So thanks to Spooner’s confrontation with Amelia, it’s revealed to the rest of the team that Amelia killed the “real” Sara. Poor Ava, she just can’t catch a break this season.
- Loses Sara to Aliens
- Finds out Sara wants to marry her but can’t tell her she accepts.
- Finding out Sara is now dead without knowing she’s alive as a clone.
If anyone deserves a good therapeutic scream into the sky, it’s Ava Sharpe.
- One person that doesn’t reveal a truth is John Constantine. Letting Astra handle to the magic part of this adventure with the Amelia alien, he hides from Zari that his magic is gone after ” The Satanist’s Apprentice”. Really not looking forward to this blowing up in your face John!
- Mick and Kayla end up on the planet Sara is trapped in. The rescue mission is a bust but a couple things do happen. Mick and Kayla hook up in a development that even Stevie Wonder saw coming.
- The Ava clones are slowly realizing that they have minds of their own. This is highlighted when Gary talks to a few of them and mentions how much he admires our Ava’s leadership. Really hoping the Ava clones fight back from the treatment that Bishop gives them. Especially after he leaves a bunch of them to die when trying to kill Mick.
- One thing though, never need to see one of the Ava clones ever flirting with Gary again. Never again.
- Bishop keeps getting more and more punchable each episode. So Sara beating the crap out of him to get to his labs was highly satisfying.
- Gideon in a 1970’s TV was a cool look.
Legends of Tomorrow airs on the CW at 8 pm on Sundays.