I will admit I wasn’t sure about Chicago Med. I’m still not sure about Chicago Med. I’ve always had a much easier relationship with Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D than I’ve had with Med. Those shows have had their rough spots, I’m not going to deny it, but they rallied much faster for me, and they also never truly lost me, because even when I was most annoyed with them, they always had at least one character I liked.
My favorite Med character for many years was Will Halstead. And yet Will has also felt like the character who has suffered most at the hands of the plot – and last season I reached a point where I just …wasn’t invested. I was done with Med, I really was. And then …I watched Chicago Med 7×01, the ironically titled “You Can’t Always Trust What You See,” because now I’m left wondering if this can indeed be a show I can invest in.
For now, here are some teases for Chicago Med 7×01″You Can’t Always Trust What You See”:
- The first scene of this episode is going to be an emotional gut-punch to some people. For me, who went into this very on-the-fence, it was a very good start.
- With just one episode to judge, I gotta say the new characters are really working for me.
- The dynamics they can open up are really, really working for me.
- I just hope the show doesn’t go for the obvious romance, at least not for a while.
- Jay Halstead mention! Jay Halstead mention!
- Sharon Goodwin can be positively Machiavellian.
- When characters in-show are making the same jokes fans are making, that’s when you know you gotta take a storyline somewhere different.
- Maggie remains the heart of this show.
- Some things never change, and apparently some characters you are just not meant to like.
- Could this …be …the beginning of a beautiful friendship? Because count me in.
- The episode worked so well that, by the final scene, I found myself super invested in something I didn’t think I would be.
Are you excited for Chicago Med 7×01″You Can’t Always Trust What You See”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago Med season 10 will premiere September 22nd at 8/7c on NBC.