Chicago Fire 10×09 “Winterfest” closes the first half of the season with the same heart this show has always had, some good things, some bad things and an ending that just begs for a time machine so we can see what comes next. Plus, there’s a great deal of Christmas cheer, as befits a holiday episode. All we can ask for, right?
Wrong, but this episode does build on a few storylines the show has been teasing, while resolving others that we’ve wanted to see resolved. Like on Chicago P.D.‘s midseason finale, we’ll have to leave some of the discussion of whether the decisions the show makes are to our liking or not to the post-mortem, but the show does manage that very hard balance between giving us stuff we want, and making us want so much more.
Here are a few teases fo Chicago Fire 10×09 “Winterfest”:
- You know what they say about timing? Yeah, sometimes it’s a b*tch. This, sadly, applies to more than one thing.
- I want to give Kelly Severide a hug. And then shake him. Then maybe hug him again?
- But there was another character that had me facepalming even harder. No wait, two characters. Three?
- At least these people know how to use phones, I’ll say that. No, wait, I’ll take that back. Some know how to use phones, others …SMH.
- Sylvie. Brett. That is all. Standing ovation for her.
- You’ll be really happy about one thing in this episode. You’ll be really, really not happy about another.
- And there’ll be some side-eyeing.
- Me at the men in this episode: 🙄🙄🙄.
- Well, except Chief Hawkins. And Mouch. They can stay.
- But the women are perfect and need to be protected at all costs.
- I hate it when characters play metaphorical games of telephone.
- You know that lyric that goes “when you get what you want, but not what you need?” Yeah, that.
- But hey, the episode also manages to give us the opposite of what we want in another storyline, because that’s apparently the One Chicago mid-season finale mood!
Are you excited for Chicago Fire 10×09 “Winterfest”? Share with us in the comments below!
Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on NBC.