Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out” is a fitting midseason finale. It’s emotional, it makes you think, it does a good job of bringing storylines that the show has been developing the entire season — and some the show has been developing for longer — to some sort of a conclusion, and it ends on the highest of high notes, that absolutely leaves you begging for more.
It’s also a nerve-wracking hour, where what some characters want and what they need seems to be in direct contradiction, just as the fandom seems somewhat divided on these same questions. But in Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out” this show makes a choice of what they want to be going forward, for better or worse. What that choice entails will be left for the post-mortem. For now, here are some teases to get you (if possible) even more excited about Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out.”
- Sometimes you get everything you want and absolutely nothing you want at the exact same time. Enter this episode.
- Adam has a moment in this hour that will make you roll your eyes and go: “Men,” though it’s played off in an endearing way instead of an infuriating one.
- One thing I’ll say is that the show is getting a bit better at keeping the team centered, even when they’re focusing on one or two people.
- Some scalding hot tea is dropped this episode.
- We’re gonna be discussing the symbolism in a few scenes for the entirety of the hiatus, and personally. I’m IN.
- There are episodes that give you crumbs, and some that give you a whole ass meal.
- Don’t underestimate Hailey Upton. Just …don’t.
- Some people in this team should start asking the obvious questions, that’s all I’m saying. Family is about being nosy.
- Never thought I’d go for black on this …particular …thing. But I’m surprisingly into it.
- We’ve had one really good Voight and Jay scene this season. This episode gives us another one.
- I might have found a new favorite three word sentence.
- The final few moments might top anything else the show has done this season.
Are you excited for Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out”? Share with us in the comments below!