NBC’s The Endgame, which premieres next week, looks a little like a Killing Eve meets The Blacklist kind of show, except with two female leads, from the promo. And that’s not a totally inaccurate assessment, except the show ends up being so much more. The vibes don’t necessarily align with either of those shows, even if there is enough for fans of both to go hmmm, but that’s nothing but great news, as it means this show can potentially become its own thing.
This is particularly true as the show stands tall on the shoulders of fantastic performances for both Morena Baccarin and Ryan Michelle Bathé. The show doesn’t work without them — in fact, the show only works because of them, but since they’re there, we’re invested. And we will likely continue to be.
So, here are some teases for The Endgame:
- Morena Baccarin in that blue dress is both a vision and the single most dangerous person in every room she steps foot in.
- Shana: On the one hand, I should be offended by how much this show leans in to “Morena Baccarin is hot.” On the other, how could you not?
- Whatever you think this show is about, there’s probably a twist to what you think, and what we think.
- Shana: There are some young actors in this that are just p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-a-l. I can not stress that enough.
- But there’s no doubt there’s enough chemistry between the two female leads to sustain this for at least a season. And then, who knows?
- Shana: Um ok but that’s Oliver from Suits??? And how does he look like a grownup all of a sudden?????????? That show has not been off the air that long. I mean, my soul thinks it’s been 84 years, but the rest of me knows it hasn’t.
- There are men in this show. Neither one of them has much of a personality yet.
- We already have a least favorite one, though. It’s not even close.
- Shana: You know when you’re watching a show, and you’re like, “this is pretty good.” But then the show kind of attacks your brain and your soul, repeatedly? That’s The Endgame.
- Shana: NBC, if you do to this what you did to The Enemy Within and Bluff City Law…
Are you excited for The Endgame? Share with us in the comments below!
The Endgame premieres February 21st at 10/9c on NBC.