New Amsterdam 4×16 “All Night Long” is a fun, at times confusing episode, that excels at the things New Amsterdam always excels at — human stories. It also does a great job with the individual relationships the show has asked us to invest in, and though the hour provides few answers, it moves the plot forward, quite a lot.
And then, it leaves us literally begging for more. What was that ending, New Amsterdam, and who do I send my therapy bills to? In fact, this is one I’m almost sad I got to watch ahead of time, because that just means the wait till the next one is that much longer. You have a time machine? I’d take it right now to watch the episode after this one.
In the meantime, though, here are some teases for New Amsterdam 4×16 “All Night Long”:
- There’s an ominous feeling to this hour that’s truly a credit to the directing of the episode. Hats off, indeed.
- Shana: It’s so much fun but also so stressful. Help?
- Iggy remains the worst in this hour, on the personal front. He also has moments when it’s hard to remember that because he can also be very, very good at his job.
- Shana: I love this one friendship and would possibly even ship it…if not for…yeah.
- Elizabeth Wilder remains the best.
- Shana: The artistic choices made for pretty much all of Sandra Mae Frank’s scenes in this episode are so damned good. She’s phenomenal all on her own, but when you add the other elements…? The power is truly noteworthy.
- FRIENDSHIPS. F-R-I-E-N-D-S-H-I-P-S. How I’ve missed them.
- Shana: Anyone who thinks we’re not here for the personal connections really has no idea what this series is all about.
- The reason for Lauren’s taco hat might just be one of my favorite things she’s ever done.
- Shana: She couldn’t even do what this morning? Oh. Congrats. Orrrr not.
- Max is all of us at the sight of Helen Sharpe.
- Shana: I am actually just…skull emoji.
- You know that promo moment of Max practicing in front of the mirror? That scene is about 83473743 times more adorable than you think.
- Shana: Ok, Spiderman.
- It feels good to have some Leyren hope again.
- Shana: That’s…wait. Where’s the rest of it?!
- Floyd, yes, and Floyd no and Floyd whyyyyy.
Are you excited for New Amsterdam 4×16 “All Night Long”? Share with us in the comments below!
New Amsterdam returns Tuesday, April 19 at 10/9c on NBC.